Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Resolution for legit lates: Deletion of TL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Final Resolution for legit lates: Deletion of TL

For the small-town loan co that we had legit late pmt in Sep 07... company was more than willing to delete the late pmt b/c DH's sis was in charge of pmts & we were overseas. He agreed there was nothing we could have done to prevent it (they are so small, they can't do auto-pays or CC payments so we had to rely on sis to walk a check in to the office once a month) and has worked to try to get the 30-day late notation removed.

For whatever reason, his staff is unable to remove the single late pmt and this is his explanation as to why: They can delete the late notation for this month, but when they submit the "tapes" (??) each month, it will just re-report as late and we'll be in a perpetual status of them removing the late notation after it reports on the CRs. I don't know how or why they would have this problem since others get late notations deleted all the time, maybe they don't have the most current reporting software or something...

So the only way to resolve it is to delete the loan entirely. We agreed to let them do this, as DH has enough credit history that it won't affect his average age too much.

If anyone has any last-minute info on how they can remove this late notation permanently w/o deleting the TL, please let us know Smiley Happy Good credit is good credit and we would like to hang on to it if we can.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Final Resolution for legit lates: Deletion of TL

If they delete the late entirely from their system, it should never report it......unless their reporting system only checks current months and stores past months' history in it's system. In that case, the late would need to be removed from the reporting system's history. Hope all that made sense. LOL.

If they call the developer or tech support for the developer of their reporting system, they will learn how to fix it.

Message 2 of 5
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

I agree with sidewinder, there ought to be a way to get it figured out. How old is avg age and how old is this account?

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Avg age is 11 yrs.
This acc't is only 3 yrs old.
Opened 11/2005.
Paid off 08/2007.
Now shows 30 days Sep 07.

Only late pmt of any kind since 2005, and super-recent. We're pretty confident the points gained in removing a 8-months-new late will outnumber the points lost in removing the TL.

Message 4 of 5
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

I am in agreement with you on that Ivy. I recently lost a 6 yr old account (just under my avg age) and no point loss as a result(but it was a good, solid TL). Smiley Sad

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.