Finally Broke the 600 Mark--YOWEEEEEEEEEE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally Broke the 600 Mark--YOWEEEEEEEEEE

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Please share, what was your secret?

Stay involved with this forum.  Every problem I had I brought to the forum.  I got honest answers from people who have been where I am.  First I disputed everything open several times.  I got about 4 things removed from that process.  (I still have a problem with AFNI, who I am currently talking to a lawyer about the possibility of sueing them) Then I worked and had luck on a couple PFD's.  Recently I worked on my Utilization by acquiring a couple new credit cards (dangerous) with high limits that were easy to acquire.  I used them one time, then put them in my sock drawer.  I still have a couple bad items on my report.  Capital one discharged through BK, AFNI, HSBC that had lates (paid off before I knew about PFD)  and a CRedit ONe (paid off before I knew about PFD) that I had lates on.  I will continue to goodwill them till they tire.  I will also let time do its job.

Just out of curiousity, what cards with high limits were you able to obtain with those credit scores? I'd love to add something with a $3-5000 CL...but the highest I've been approved for is Hooters at $1000 CL.
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Please share, what was your secret?

Stay involved with this forum.  Every problem I had I brought to the forum.  I got honest answers from people who have been where I am.  First I disputed everything open several times.  I got about 4 things removed from that process.  (I still have a problem with AFNI, who I am currently talking to a lawyer about the possibility of sueing them) Then I worked and had luck on a couple PFD's.  Recently I worked on my Utilization by acquiring a couple new credit cards (dangerous) with high limits that were easy to acquire.  I used them one time, then put them in my sock drawer.  I still have a couple bad items on my report.  Capital one discharged through BK, AFNI, HSBC that had lates (paid off before I knew about PFD)  and a CRedit ONe (paid off before I knew about PFD) that I had lates on.  I will continue to goodwill them till they tire.  I will also let time do its job.

Just out of curiousity, what cards with high limits were you able to obtain with those credit scores? I'd love to add something with a $3-5000 CL...but the highest I've been approved for is Hooters at $1000 CL.

I received a Hooters card also ($1000 limit).  But try Crown Jewelers.  They gave me a $1500 limit.  They report to all three bureaus.  They have items for less than $30.00.  

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

With whom did you get your credit cards; my scores mirros yours; but I am afraid to apply for a credit card because I may get rejected and thus another inquiry is added, which would hurt.....
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

awesome...keep it up--keep clawing your way up the numbers...you'll be beyond 620 in no time
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.