cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally, Tax Lien Removed from Experian. A 59 point increase! WooHoo!!!

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Finally, Tax Lien Removed from Experian. A 59 point increase! WooHoo!!!

My Experian reported. Fed Tax Lien (VA) Removed from EX and my EX score went from 706 to 765 -- a 59 point increase! To say I'm in shock at the huge increase is an understatement. I won't be able to refresh CCT until the weekend so I'll get to see how the tax lien removal affects TU and EQ.

Also, what I wasn't expecting was the "Credit Rating" change. I went from "Good" to "Very Good". Again, I'm "over the moon" this morning.

I tried to figure out why the huge jump when articles stated it could be as much as a 20-point increase. I'm thinking it's because my UT is 4% and there are no other negatives on my CRs.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally, Tax Lien Removed from Experian. A 59 point increase! WooHoo!!!

First off, congratulations!  Definitely report back with your gain results on TU and EQ when you see them later this week!

The reason your score went up so significantly is 100% because it was your final negative item.  Your utilization is a different sector of the FICO pie, so that's not influencing this scoring change.  You just maximized the 35% of your score that makes up "payment history" and took your "dirty" payment history to "clean" which always results in a significant score increase, usually to the tune of 40-80 points depending on final baddie severity, age, etc.  Nice work!

Message 2 of 7
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

First off, congratulations!  Definitely report back with your gain results on TU and EQ when you see them later this week!

The reason your score went up so significantly is 100% because it was your final negative item.  Your utilization is a different sector of the FICO pie, so that's not influencing this scoring change.  You just maximized the 35% of your score that makes up "payment history" and took your "dirty" payment history to "clean" which always results in a significant score increase, usually to the tune of 40-80 points depending on final baddie severity, age, etc.  Nice work!

Thank you so much BBS.

And I appreciate your explaining why I got the huge increase. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is awesome! Congrats! I had a judgement removed and my score dropped! Im thinking rebucketing but still a dissapointment. 

Message 4 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Way to go CreditInspired, thats amazing jump, enjoy it. Now go app 10 cards lolSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 7
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That is awesome! Congrats! I had a judgement removed and my score dropped! Im thinking rebucketing but still a dissapointment. 

Thanks cgarden. I still am in awe. I definitely understand your disappointment because one would think it would increase. But patience and consistency on your credit profile will give you the points you deserve. GL

Message 6 of 7
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Way to go CreditInspired, thats amazing jump, enjoy it. Now go app 10 cards lolSmiley Wink

Thank you AJC. It was a huge jump and I still can't believe it. Well, before the increase in score I had decided to wait until Jan to apply for the Citi Diamond, and I'm still going to wait. I really want a decent SL -- hopefully $5K won't be asking for too much, but we'll see.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.