Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally a GW worked on my behalf!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally a GW worked on my behalf!

I had a paid collection account on my credit report for a past Bellsouth bill.  The account had been paid, but set to contiue on my credit report for another 3 years.  I had sent a GW letter directly to the company but got no response.  The collection agency was a law firm.  I googled the law firm and got one of the firm's partners email address.  I emailed him my GW last week.  I just checked my credit report via Truecredit and low and behold it is gone!  I am so happy.  Now if I can get two other companies to work with me, it will be great! What I don't understand is, even though the collection account has been removed, there was no point increase in my credit score!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
buckeye74
Valued Member

Re: Finally a GW worked on my behalf!

i just had 8 collections removed from my credit (due to identity theft) and my score only went up 3 points!  I don't understand either.  They lowered my credit more than 3 points when it happened.  Although, they are 2 years old, but still!
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your removal! I had an unpaid $1200 collection removed from my EX report that was about 3 years old....my Fico went up exactly 0 points.
Message 3 of 9
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

bamf70 wrote:
Congrats on your removal! I had an unpaid $1200 collection removed from my EX report that was about 3 years old....my Fico went up exactly 0 points.

No way Bam!Smiley Surprised
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

At least I didn't PAY to have it removed Smiley Happy It was just invalid and went away after disputing it off Smiley Very Happy
Message 5 of 9
Heartbreaker
Valued Member

creditsoaring2007 - who was reporting the paid collection on your CR? i just sent out a bunch of GW letters and depending on the response, plan on sending out another round...maybe try something like you did, but most of my paid collections are being reported only by the OC...
Message 6 of 9
autofly
Contributor

I had a BellSouth deal like that too and the law firm said NO WAY.  It was Robinson Reagen and Young out of Nashville.  Which law firm was yours with?

Auto
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was Robinson, Raegan, and Young out of Nashville! 
Message 8 of 9
autofly
Contributor

creditsoaring2007 wrote:
It was Robinson, Raegan, and Young out of Nashville! 

Could you please PM me the email address you used and a copy of your letter?  It would be VERY helpful.

Auto
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.