cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally a part of the 700+ club! Thank you all!

tag
ninjacookies
Valued Member

Finally a part of the 700+ club! Thank you all!

Just got my Transunion update from myfico monitoring yesterday....774!!!!

I honestly can't even believe it!  I started on this forum about 2 years ago with 4 collections accounts, 2  defaulted student loan accounts...and a ~55x score.  Actually pretty much wrote off any semblance of a good future.

Didn't understand how the whole credit system worked, but began reading through all the threads, really set down a firm foot on being more financially responsible, and began paying off collection accounts and sending GW letters. 

Long story short, my last update was 674 through credit monitoring 3 months ago.  But since then I managed to finally get Transunion to delete my 2 defaulted school loans since I completed the Rehabilitation program....and saw that now its at 774.  What a huge jump!   

Now the only thing I have negative are (2) 30 days negs over 2 years old on one of my cc's...have sent GW's but do not think they'll ever take those off, as they vehemently state Smiley Sad .   Oh well....no worries.  As others have stated, the best things you can do are keep your credit card balance below 10% utilization every month and always pay off on time.  I opened a second cc with low limit (300) through Orchard Bank about 6 months ago and it appears to be working wonders as well. 

Experian score was already 714 back about 5 months ago, and all 3 of my credit reports are now consistent, so I'm pretty sure I'm well over 700 accross the board.

Next goal: 800+!

Thanks again everyone and best of luck!

starting score: 558 3/2010
current scores: TU 674 EQ: 714

Goal: 750+
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Finally a part of the 700+ club! Thank you all!

@ninjacookies wrote:

Just got my Transunion update from myfico monitoring yesterday....774!!!!

I honestly can't even believe it!  I started on this forum about 2 years ago with 4 collections accounts, 2  defaulted student loan accounts...and a ~55x score.  Actually pretty much wrote off any semblance of a good future.

Didn't understand how the whole credit system worked, but began reading through all the threads, really set down a firm foot on being more financially responsible, and began paying off collection accounts and sending GW letters. 

Long story short, my last update was 674 through credit monitoring 3 months ago.  But since then I managed to finally get Transunion to delete my 2 defaulted school loans since I completed the Rehabilitation program....and saw that now its at 774.  What a huge jump!   

Now the only thing I have negative are (2) 30 days negs over 2 years old on one of my cc's...have sent GW's but do not think they'll ever take those off, as they vehemently state Smiley Sad .   Oh well....no worries.  As others have stated, the best things you can do are keep your credit card balance below 10% utilization every month and always pay off on time.  I opened a second cc with low limit (300) through Orchard Bank about 6 months ago and it appears to be working wonders as well. 

Experian score was already 714 back about 5 months ago, and all 3 of my credit reports are now consistent, so I'm pretty sure I'm well over 700 accross the board.

Next goal: 800+!

Thanks again everyone and best of luck!

Congrats!! Very awesome feeling!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 12
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Thanks for sharing your rebuilding success story !!  Great job and congratulations !!!

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 12
PapasWifey
Regular Contributor

Ninja, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your story is very encouraging to someone like me that is in the rebuilding phase and fighting through the setbacks.

Starting Score: 576 EQ 1-12-13
Current Score: 588 EQ 2-3-13
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 12
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Your welcome, but YOU did all the work.

Let's do the HAPPY DANCE, with nijacookes. dancing 2.gif Congrat to YOU! !  700 Club.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

INSPIRING!

Way to Go!!!

Message 6 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I just made the 700 club today myself!!! EX FICO 700!! So awesome!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 12
inthelight314

Congrats! This is inspiring! 

Starting Score: EQ 634 2/24
Current Score: EQ 670 3/9
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 12
aot2009
Regular Contributor

Wow congrat's I'm at a 725 today with TU and I had TU change 9 student loans to positive accounts. I still have 6-7 left that show but it amaze's me that student loans can drop the scores so much.

Message 9 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@aot2009 wrote:

Wow congrat's I'm at a 725 today with TU and I had TU change 9 student loans to positive accounts. I still have 6-7 left that show but it amaze's me that student loans can drop the scores so much.

Are they in deferrment currently or in payback mode?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.