Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally finally finally finally

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally finally finally finally

I just wanted to let you all know that I have finished my disputes/deletions.  I started in April trying to remove four items from my credit report and I have been successful. 

1. Att:  I called the ca and told them that I never had service with ATT.  They agreed to delete the item, probably because it was such a low balance of $85.00.  I had called them numerous times in the past and had no such luck.  I guess I got the right person.

2. Att Home Entertainment:  my account was sent to collections because I forgot to turn in the equipment.  It was finally turned in but my account was already in collections and on the cb.  I called Att Home Entertainment and explained what happened and they agreed to contact CMI to have the item deleted from my cp.

3. Gexa Energy:  I was sent to collections because I had a small balance from the apt I had moved out of.  I called Gexa and told them that I was not aware that I had a balance from when I moved out.  I told them that I would pay the $54.00 if they would agree to contact NCO and have the item removed.  They agreed and the item has been deleted.

4. Green Mountain Energy:  This was sent to collections because when I moved out of my last apt GM did not disconnect the lights as I asked them to do.  I was sent a bill for $234.00 even though I could prove that I did not live there at the time.  I filed a complaint with the Public Utilities Comission of Texas and GM took the account back from CSI and my tradeline has been deleted.

Now I know it may seem as if it was easy to have these items deleted.  It was not.  It took a lot of phone calls and talking to numerous people.  I spent a lot of time and energy to get it done.  The reality is that I was probably just lucky with some.

In april, according to Scorewatch, my fico was 620 which included all of four of these items.  I have not pulled a new score but I am hoping my score has gone up.  I am going to wait a little while just to let the fico system catch up to my deletions.

Finally, this board has been a big help in my efforts.  Thanks
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally finally finally finally

congrats--what state do you live in? I'm convinced utility companies in Pennsylvania are too lazy to report to credit beauros. Same with movie rentals--they don't seem to give a Flying F@%k
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

WTG....Hope for the rest of us!Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm excited for you.  And I don't think it was easy at all.  Congrats!
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats--what state do you live in? I'm convinced utility companies in Pennsylvania are too lazy to report to credit beauros. Same with movie rentals--they don't seem to give a Flying F@%k

I live in Texas.  They utilities may not report to the cb but they hire the ca's to report for them.  However, the oc does have the power to tell the ca to remove an item from the cb if they want.

Message 5 of 17
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Way to go!
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone think myscore will go up?  If so how much.

Thanks
Message 7 of 17
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

loloswims wrote:
Does anyone think myscore will go up?  If so how much.

Thanks

Yes. Hard to say for sure. But the important thing is these baddies are no longer holding you back.
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

good job.
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

How soon after an item is deleted is the fico score recalulated?
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.