Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally in the 700 Club

tag
JustinS
Regular Contributor

Finally in the 700 Club

After several years of rebuilding all 3 scores are now seemingly stable above 700 for the moment.

EX: 743 (myFICO 2-24-2014)

EQ: 720 (myFICO scorewatch 3-12-2014)

TU: 755 (Barclays FICO 3-8-2014)

Just curious however is anyone else noticing EQ scoring a littler lower/harder as well? Seems like they're consistently the lowest score for me (relatively speaking). Only differences on my reports seem to be mortgage related (1st and 2nd mortgages show on EX and EQ but not TU).

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
vpae
Established Contributor

Re: Finally in the 700 Club

Congrats!! Took me a long time to rebuild my credit so I understand and I'm excited for you!

And I think it varies per individual. How many inq are on each? It also depends which version of the report they are using.

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 2 of 14
j_gizibe
Established Member

YAY!!! Congratulations!!! I can't wait until I can join!!!

Starting Score: 2/14 EX 619 EQ 679 TU 660 (all from myfico)
Current Score: 6/15 TU 671 (Discover) EQ 665 (Citi)

Chase Freedom $2,200 | BOA Cash Rewards $1,500 | Discover IT $7,500 | Citi Diamond Preferred $2,750 | Citi DoubleCash $1200 |Amex BCE $1,000 | Amazon Store Card $1,300 | Capital One QS1 $1,250| QS1 $1,250 | QS1 $1,250 | Care Credit $1,000 | Bill Me Later $840 |
Mercedes Benz Financial Car Loan - 2011 C300 - $524.33/Monthly 60 Month Loan 1.99% APR
Message 3 of 14
fot1
Established Contributor

Congrats... I have been bouncing over under 700 all year.. AND EQ is currently my highest by about 35 points with all havving the same accounts.. Think EX has a inquiry or two more.. lol

Too many to list..
Message 4 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats to your success Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 14
JustinS
Regular Contributor

@vpae wrote:

Congrats!! Took me a long time to rebuild my credit so I understand and I'm excited for you!

And I think it varies per individual. How many inq are on each? It also depends which version of the report they are using.

off hand I think my TU actually has the most inquiries. Granted I hadn't thought of inquiries which do effect scores plenty also.

Message 6 of 14
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 7 of 14
Irisa
Senior Contributor

@JustinS wrote:

After several years of rebuilding all 3 scores are now seemingly stable above 700 for the moment.

Just curious however is anyone else noticing EQ scoring a littler lower/harder as well? Seems like they're consistently the lowest score for me (relatively speaking). Only differences on my reports seem to be mortgage related (1st and 2nd mortgages show on EX and EQ but not TU).

Congrats on the scores!

In my case, EQ is the highest. It's probably because it shows less inquiries.

Message 8 of 14
mrgoattoo
New Contributor

@JustinS wrote:

Congrats!

I just finally cleared the 800 hurdle this morning that Ive been working on for two years.

I think I noticed the same thing before about Equifax numbers being lower. Frankly I dont know why EQ and EX even bother. Every lender Ive gotten a card from the last 4 years or so has used TU.  No offense to the others but TU seems to be king of the hill for the most part. I kind of wish the other two would just give up the ghost and disappear so we only had one score to worry about. 3 credit scores is just ridiculous.

TU FICO average 819
Message 9 of 14
JustinS
Regular Contributor

@mrgoattoo wrote:

@JustinS wrote:

Congrats!

I just finally cleared the 800 hurdle this morning that Ive been working on for two years.

I think I noticed the same thing before about Equifax numbers being lower. Frankly I dont know why EQ and EX even bother. Every lender Ive gotten a card from the last 4 years or so has used TU.  No offense to the others but TU seems to be king of the hill for the most part. I kind of wish the other two would just give up the ghost and disappear so we only had one score to worry about. 3 credit scores is just ridiculous.

Noticed that as well with alot of lenders pulling TU - both local banks and the CU I deal with exclusively pull TU's score. Granted Amex does EX and Chase pulled EX and EQ I think... so it can be a YMMV type deal pending where you reside.

I'm leaning towards the inquiries and the way each FICO we're provided scores inquiries - I'd wager some FICO algorythms age them off more quickly? (I reserve the right to be proven wrong obviously but it just sounds like a logical explanation). Granted right now my file has gotten much thicker recently (added another 4 TL's recently and got CLIs on 3 existing so far). Overall my credit health improved tons over the past year just.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.