Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally joined the 700 Club...!

tag
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Finally joined the 700 Club...!

@Anonymous wrote:

any advice on how you did it...besides paying off old debt?

It's not necessarily paying old debt that is going to do it.  If you have baddies, it takes GW letters...begging, pleading,PIF's...anything to get those removed.  Next is making sure you have good open accts with low util %.

Right now...I have all of the above.  Old baddies...open accts with balances...and, I have NO 700's  Smiley Sad

I'm trying tho...just keep pushing forward.

Congrats to all you BIG 7's up there!!!  Can I get a "WOOP WOOP"!!  Smiley Very Happy

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 11 of 16
marty56
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

any advice on how you did it...besides paying off old debt?

For me it was paying on time every time and just using credit as little as possible.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 12 of 16
pattycake
Established Contributor

I did a GW with Mervyn's, and an old judgment from 2002 finally fell off last month.  Also, very few inquiries, low util (under 8%), and a CLI from Home Depot.  I expect the scores will go up a little more since I will PIF my Lowe's account this month when the 0% interest ends for my pool fence purchase.  

Just over time, my scores have gone up.  I applied for a mortgage in late 2005, and my scores were in the upper 500 - 615 range, which would not have qualified me for anything but an ARM, so I said no thanks.  They pretty much stayed low until I started reading these forums in 2007.  I tell you, time, CLI's low usage and paying on time every month did the trick.  I was able to dump all of my rebuilder cards and buy a house last year.  

I know now that having decent FICO's is one of the most important keys to financial stability there is.   

pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 13 of 16
leimakai

that's all good everyone, so glad i also made it today.

I used to have ok credit, enough to receive mass amount of app by mail , till last year when for the 1st time i maxed out my only major card while all the store cards were at $0 and it now has been a fight to improve my score...

till today when I logged in for my quaterly free TU update and bam!

TransUnion

Date: 8/4/2009

yeah!

but thought my EXP was 736 due to my discover free plus score, yeah right! it is actually 680 FICO Smiley Sad

and EQ, well what can I say...I am still at 654 so hurting in this one!

I tryed to fight a very old collection from 2004 which was PIF in 2006 and this idiots actually made it to be active as of April 2009 so now i have these baddies I can't remove! I tryed so many time already online and by mail, please help!

thank you!

Message 14 of 16
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

After 2 1/2 years, I'm finally in!!!  Woo-hoo!!!!

Way to go!!! Good job.

Message 15 of 16
miay2k4
Contributor

Bravo...congratulations!
07/2009 TU: 610 EQ: 566 EX:??
12/2009 TU: 626 EQ: 588 EX:??
05/2011 TU: 638 EQ: 622 EX:??
"Don't get caught up chopping wood to the point you forget to sharpen your axe"
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.