Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Financing products at retail stores????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Financing products at retail stores????

I am currently buying a new house.  I am considering financing some of the furniture that I need to buy along with a T.V.

The furniture store uses Wells Fargo and pulls Transunion and the electronics store uses HSBC.  My question is what effect would financing these items have on my credit? and, How hard is it to be approved for these items?

My scores are:

EQ 631
EX 652
TU 645

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
sl
Established Contributor

Re: Financing products at retail stores????

I would not finance anything until after you close on your account.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Be careful and ask if those accounts fall under Consumer Finance. You might be better waiting and not buying anything on credit long term. Don't do anything before refinancing either way. Never seek new debt and always minimize debt before applying 3-4 months a head. General rule with mortgages.
Message 3 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

DO NOT APPLY UNTIL YOU CLOSE.

Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok sounds good.  Any idea on what this will do to my credit long term?  I am assuming that at least at first it will report as if I am using the entire credit line.
Message 5 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

I would not use a consumer finance company.. Shoot for a personal loan instead.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Close on your house loan first. Don't apply or seek any loan till the day after closing. Bank might fail to close if you take on further debt.

As far as store cards they report like credit cards. If you have a 3k limit and you charge 2.8k on it you are nearly maxed out (not good). Im going through this with a best buy account. 0% apr but still shows maxed out.
Message 7 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Locking the thread. The OP hasn't been online in over five years.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.