Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding out the DOFD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finding out the DOFD

What if the OC isn't on the CR anymore and the DOFD/DOLA isn't reported under the CA who is still reporting? Can the CRA still give me the correct DOFD/DOLA?

Message Edited by vesper on 04-10-2008 05:49 PM

Message Edited by vesper on 04-10-2008 05:50 PM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finding out the DOFD

vesper wrote:
What if the OC isn't on the CR anymore and the DOFD/DOLA isn't reported under the CA who is still reporting? Can the CRA still give me the correct DOFD/DOLA?

Do you have a copy of an old report?

The CRA can still give you the DOFD/DOLA being reported, but without knowing what the OC is reporting, you won't know if the CA re-aged.

You can call the OC and ask when you went deliquent also, sometimes they can/will tell you.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you have a copy of an old report?
The CRA can still give you the DOFD/DOLA being reported, but without knowing what the OC is reporting, you won't know if the CA re-aged.
You can call the OC and ask when you went deliquent also, sometimes they can/will tell you.

Yeah, I have copies of 2005, 2006 and 2008. Can't find my 07. The CA is Midland and the OC is First Consumer National Bank (went BK in 03). I just want to make sure when I take my next step, I'm completely passed my SOL.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the OC showing on any of those old reports? What dates are they reporting?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sidewinder,

Here are the reports:

EQUIFAX

YEAR: 2005

FCNB / Mastertrust
DOLP: 04/03
Date of First Major Deliquency: 12/03
DOLA: N/A

YEAR: 2006

FCNB
Date of First Major Deliquency: 12/03

YEAR: 2008

Midland
DOLA: 11/02

FCNB not listed on 08

EXPERIAN

YEAR 2005:

FCNB
Date of Last Report: 02/05
Date of Status: 01/04
No info about DOLA/DOFD

YEAR: 2006

No Report

YEAR: 2008

FCNB:
DOLA: 01/04

Midland:
DOLA: 10/02
DOLP: Not Reported
Date Opened: 10/06
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is April 2003.......the date you made the last payment?

Since the OC is still reporting on EX.....call EX and ask for DOFD or FCRA Compliance Date or Fall off date..........whichever one of those the customer service rep you get understands.

Then ask the same question for the CA account while on the phone.

Date of 1st Major Deliquency doesn't matter is what I am told. But December 03 seems almost right.

If April 2003 is when you made last payment then it should come off the end of 2010. May 2003 would have been your first missed payment + 180 days + 7 years.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Is April 2003.......the date you made the last payment?
Since the OC is still reporting on EX.....call EX and ask for DOFD or FCRA Compliance Date or Fall off date..........whichever one of those the customer service rep you get understands.
Then ask the same question for the CA account while on the phone.
Date of 1st Major Deliquency doesn't matter is what I am told. But December 03 seems almost right.
If April 2003 is when you made last payment then it should come off the end of 2010. May 2003 would have been your first missed payment + 180 days + 7 years.

I'm having my bank send my statements for that year because I don't recall making a payment then.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.