Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding out who CAs are?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finding out who CAs are?

After getting my information here, there are several items in collections. My problem is that I have no idea who I owe! Since there's only a number/letter code, how do I dig to find out who it belongs to? Some I need to dispute as being paid...
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finding out who CAs are?

Have you ordered your reports directly from TU, EQ and EX?

The one's here, for medical, gives you the letters and numbers for a collection. I would get the one's directly from the CRA's so you can get the info you need from them. Keep them forever!! Especially if you are doing repair.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I'm trying to obtain a mortgage, should I go ahead a pull them now, even though I'm meeting with a mortgage consultant tomorrow?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your consultant *may* give you a copy.

It still wouldn't hurt to call and order them. They are something you certainly want to have and keep in case you have problems down the road with things popping up that shouldn't.

IF you have any old collection's unpaid, you may want to keep an eye on your reports now that you have applied for a mortgage.

JDB's seem to come out of the woodworks if they see you are in a position to pay.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have not already done so, you can get all 3 CR's for free at annualcreditreport.com

You can also buy credit scores for $7.00 ea. but they are worthless when considering any type of credit. That's why we call them FAKO scores.
Message 5 of 6
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

ddukes, if you pay for your credit reports obtained by your mortgage consultant, he can give you a copy...you have to ask though (rarely will it be offered).

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.