Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding the collection agency name for Equifax collection

tag
atxhunter
Valued Member

Finding the collection agency name for Equifax collection

I couldn't find it in the search by trying to find the collection companies name from my Equifax report. All I have is something that looks like 608YC00000. Can someone point me in the right direction so that I can send a DV Letter?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Finding the collection agency name for Equifax collection

This probably represents a medical collection, with the name of the creditor blocked for privacy.  Did you pull this report from this site or another third party credit report service?

Message 2 of 8
atxhunter
Valued Member

I pulled the report direct from myfico. It seems that all 6 collections don't show the CA and all but 1 are medical. How would I go about sending a DV letter if I cannot find out who the CA is?

Message 3 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

That is the primary reason why the FDCPA mandates the sending of collection (dunning) notice to the consumer.... so that they are advised of how to exercise their statutory right to request debt verification.  I presume the debt collectors never sent dunning notice?

Message 4 of 8
atxhunter
Valued Member

Not that I can recall. What is my next step, do I need to dispute via Equifax?

Message 5 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@atxhunter wrote:

I pulled the report direct from myfico. It seems that all 6 collections don't show the CA and all but 1 are medical. How would I go about sending a DV letter if I cannot find out who the CA is?

Reports from third party sites (including myFICO) often don't have the most complete information. If you pull your free reports from annualcreditreport.com the information you're looking for should be listed. At least that is my experience.

Message 6 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Failure to have sent dunning notice is not a disputable item.

It is a debt collection practices violation of the FDCPA, not an issue of accuracy of credit reporting.

You might call the CRA again, explain your dilemma, and attempt to get their address.  It is in your credit file......

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I pulled my report from this site.  What are my next steps?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.