Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut Caused Drastic Score Changes?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingerhut Caused Drastic Score Changes?

Does anyone know why my newly reported Fingerhut FreshStart account would cause one CRA (TransUnion) to drop drastically (by 42 points!) and another (Equifax)  to rise quite a lot (by 21 points) according to CreditKarma? There are no other changes on either report, and both are reporting pretty much the exact same baddies and such. The scores were almost exactly identical before? The only major difference I can see is that I have 11 Inq on TU and 17 Inq on EQ.

I would have expected both to rise or both to fall, but not such drastically different changes. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Fingerhut Caused Drastic Score Changes?

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know why my newly reported Fingerhut FreshStart account would cause one CRA (TransUnion) to drop drastically (by 42 points!) and another (Equifax)  to rise quite a lot (by 21 points) according to CreditKarma? There are no other changes on either report, and both are reporting pretty much the exact same baddies and such. The scores were almost exactly identical before? The only major difference I can see is that I have 11 Inq on TU and 17 Inq on EQ.

I would have expected both to rise or both to fall, but not such drastically different changes. 

Welcome to myFICO!  welcome.gif

Don't be too concerned about Credit Karma scores; they are Vantage rather than true FICO, and are known to be a bit 'wonky' in comparison.

I've also seen my own Credit Karma/Vantage scores swing wildly for things that FICO barely even acknowledged.  I've also seen my own Vantage scores behave exactly opposite from what was expected, then quickly reverse just weeks later.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Welcome to myFICO! 

Don't be too concerned about Credit Karma scores; they are Vantage rather than true FICO, and are known to be a bit 'wonky' in comparison.

I've also seen my own Credit Karma/Vantage scores swing wildly for things that FICO barely even acknowledged.  I've also seen my own Vantage scores behave exactly opposite from what was expected, then quickly reverse just weeks later.

Okay, thank you. Smiley Happy

Pretty strange seeing one drop and one rise so drastically for the exact same data, so I had to ask. LOL

Message 3 of 4
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

We all who keep up with our own scores. We all have some type drop in our own scores at times. The main I would be worry about is "Keeping your reports clean"

Smiley Happy

Welcome to the FICO family Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.