Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fios Frontier HP inquiry

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fios Frontier HP inquiry

I signed up for credit Karma yesterday. It shows 2 recent HP's and Fios Frontier is listed as one. They told me it was a soft pull. Will this put a ding on my fico score and count as hp on 5/24 rule with chase. Can this be removed? They lied! Mad!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Fios Frontier HP inquiry

Not much you can do about the HP for FIOS.  As a rule if you ask a cable company to make any change, they can and most liekly will do a HP.

Don't know if Chase will look at the INQ and treat it differently.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Call them and requst that the inquiry be re-coded as soft.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase's 5/24 rule has nothing to do with inquiries.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I signed up for Fios recently (Not Frontier) they told me it would be an HP on TU but that Verizon would be willing to remove it upon request after "2-6 months". Turned out I never got an HP on TU, but on the off-chance this is accurate info for Verizon, it may be for Frontier as well.

Unfortunately, we always need to assume it'll be an HP when we check the FCRA box.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@alk11

Not sure why I thought Hp's are part of the 5/24 rule, It only counts for new accounts open within 24 months. I already opened 5 this month. Might give it a try with a Chase cobranded card.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.