Valued Member
MegaZX30

First CommonWealth Bank - Personal Line of Credit - Line Increase??

I wasnt sure quite which sub-forum to post this? So I figure General Topics fits for the most part.

I have a Personal Line of Credit through First CommonWealth Bank - $2,500

I have had it for about 6 - 7 months now.

Initially got it for a home project, and am in the proccess of paying it off.

normally paying more then the min. monthly based on work pay lol, and in a couple months when my auto loan is payed i'll be kicking up the monthly payments even more! :smileyhappy:

Back at the time of applying I wasnt really aware of this forum. Also was not aware of how P-Lines of Credit Reported on files. as in Revovling Credit or Loan style.

But since then I've become aware that it reports basicly like a credit card effecting my revolving credit limits.

First off, I don't know what everyone's experiance with Lines of Credit, or First Commonwealth Bank for that matter lol. But can I request a line increase? At the bank itself, through a number, whichever??

Secondly since my util. for the individual account is still on the high side, if I can should I wait to get it down more before asking?

I ask because of the way I use the line I don't want to max out / have high utility usage for the line again which can hurt my scores until I pay them down.

Discover IT: $2,650 -- Capital One Platinum $1K -- Cap One QuickSilver $3K -- Chase Freedom $3K
Valued Member
MegaZX30

Re: First CommonWealth Bank - Personal Line of Credit - Line Increase??

oh, nevermind i guess, I contacted customer service email, and they got back to me rather quick, quicker then anticipated actually lol. Aperently they cannot just add credit onto an existing line but must create a new esablished line of credit with a higher limit. which basicly I'm taking that would create a new hard inquiry.

I was hoping the simplier route would have been avialable, but it's not, slightly unfortunite on my part but you live you learn.

Well I think I'll just sit on what i have for now, trying to build up credit for the future. My score will rise as I pay this down and continue other good credit habits and more opertunities will open.

Discover IT: $2,650 -- Capital One Platinum $1K -- Cap One QuickSilver $3K -- Chase Freedom $3K

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+