Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First National Bank of Marin C/O sold to Mid Land

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First National Bank of Marin C/O sold to Mid Land

Hello,

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM OR ATLEAST GET AN ANSWER TO MY QUESTION .  BACK IN 2002 I HAD OPEN A FNBM CC BECAUSE I NEEDED TO START BUILDING MY CREDIT AND IT TURNED OUT THAT THEY KEPT CHARGING ME DIFFERENT  FEES TO HAVE THE THE CREDIT ACCOUNT WHICH GOT OUT OF HAND AND I LET THE ACCOUNT GO .  I DID NOT FIND IT FAIR AND NOW I REALIZE THAT THAT WAS A BIG MISTAKE BUT MY QUESTION IS ...CAN MIDLAND KEEP SHOWING THE FNBM (CREDIT ONE BANK) ACCOUNT THAT THEY BOUGHT AND ALSO SHOW THEIR MIDLAND COLLECTION ACCOUNT ON MY CREDIT REPORTS????

..I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY ADVICE.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First National Bank of Marin C/O sold to Mid Land

The OC and one CA can report at the same time.
Message 2 of 5

Yes, the original credit grantor and it successor can be shown at the same time.  I have the very same thing on my report, but the difference is I paid mines via settlement with another Collection Agent and they did not report it on my credit report, but it was resold to Midland and they tried to pursue me.  I had to provide them with the documentation that it was paid and they stopped harassing me.  It is currently in dispute and I am waiting for Midland to be deleted.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
    I spoke a person at FNBM and she said they sold the account to Midland credit ...but she didnt think they could show as two accounts numbers .  Midland is showing the collection as FNBM and a  account number that is not the same as original.....Midland also is keeping the original account on my report under OC new name CREDIT ONE BANK with the correct old account number.....So when someone looks at my credit they see two items that dont link together!!Smiley Sad I am so confused what to doSmiley Indifferent
Message 4 of 5

With the information being reflected the way that it is now it makes it look like you have two outstanding accounts.  I don't think this is fare to any of us that they are allowed to do this and make our scores continue to go down.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.