Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Post

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Post

Howdy...I'm new to myFico and happy to be here!  Okay, so I recently entered the credit world with success....

$500 Capital One - Nov 2013 - haven't used this card

$300 Target - Oct 2014 - haven't used this card

$700 Chase Amazon - Oct 204 - Had to recon for this card. 

$1200 Walmart Visa - Oct 2014 

$1500 Discover It - Oct 204 - Haven't used this card

$1000 Amex - Oct 2014. Read about the 3xCL - now $3000. I know, should have asked for $4000. 

$1500 Barclaycard - Dec 2014 - Had to recon for this card. Haven't used this card

I was denied Victoria Secret and Citi....Grrrr!

Should I garden to grow these seedlings? Any tricks or tips?

Walmart and Discover have my CS at 700

Amex has it at 710

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Post

Congratulations on your approvals, and welcome to myfico! You have quite a few new accounts. If it were me I would wait 6 months to a year, while letting them establish before applying for new credit. Paying in full is also important. Once again, welcome and good luck.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 3 of 6
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

You should use all cards at least once. If you want credit limit increases should use once a month.

Creditors want to see usage on the cards you have so that they know what business they can potentially steal from the competition. On your credit report there is a block for how much you paid (monthly payments) so they do know if you use the cards.

This is just my. 02 good luck!
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

With multiple revolving, including bank cards, I see no need for scoring purposes for any more revolving accounts, even after six months.

I would build history for a year or so, and then begin looking at possible CLIs if you are having problems keeping your % util low or need more monthly flexibility.

Message 5 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Should I garden to grow these seedlings?

If you added all those accounts in October and December of this year then you probably need to stop apping.  The denials are probably your clue.  You can't indefinitely apply for new credit.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.