Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Premier Bank

I got a preapproval card for the Platinum First Premeir Bankcard but im not sure if I want to apply for it with all the card fees. I recently opened a secured loan and secured CC with CU about 2 months ago to restablish my bad credit. My goal is to raise my score...

Should I apply for this card or any other offer or do I just hang on with what I have? I have about 17 Derog accounts, Public REcord, 6 Collection Accounts and my Fico Score is 505 TU 591 EQ 615 EX.

Thanks for the info..
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Premier Bank

i wouldnt bother....them thar' cards that charge you 275 in fees and give you a 300 cl are ripoffs.

instead, go to bank of america and apply for a card....they will probably deny you, but might offer you a BOA 99/500 secured card either online or by mail after you are denied.  BOA also has decent fully secured cards, so people here say.  orchard is also touted as a decent secured card.

you are wasting money that could be used for pfd's or ut by forking over a load of cash to these ripoff cards, like first premier.

Message Edited by dog on 07-08-2007 06:20 PM
Message 2 of 17
ah32
Frequent Contributor

Don't apply. They not only charge crazy fees, but also cost you $7 to pay online.
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would love to see if I can get the 99/500 bofa but I have CO with them already for $1000. Last payment was in 11/02 on my...

Do you guys recommend anything else besides FIrst Premier Bank and BofA to restablish my credit/increase my score?

Thanks
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

you should try any secured card.....

i do recommend that you avoid credit one bank (formerly first nat'l bank of marin)....they bill your annual fee across 12 months, so that you always have a balance.  yuck!
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already have a secured credit card from my local credit union for $400.00. I also applied for a secured loan with the same Credit Union at around $500.00 and was approved. My Scores have increased in about 2 months...but..

You guys think this enough to increase my score as time goes by?

Oh and I also was approved last year for an $18000.00 auto loan with an 18.5% interest rate..

Is this all I need for now or should I even try to apply for more secured/unsecured credit cards/loans?

What would you guys do if you were me?

Thanks for all yas help..

TS
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

if i were you, i would try to get a couple more of them thar' cards, even if secured, and keep them at 1-9% ut.  i went hog wild and have a bunch of new accounts, but got them only for ut purposes. 

i am of the school of thought that it is worth the initial "new account" and "inquiry" hits that your scores may take to end up with several good-looking tl's.  after 6 months or a year, the inquiry and new account factor will start fading away, and you will have good tl's reporting! 
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me ask you a simple ? DO YOU READ EVERYTHING ON THE APPROVAL LETTER?I would advice you not to apply for this card it will get you into more trouble sooner or later.Just shred them and dump it in the garbage.Good luck.Orchard bank is a better choice.:smileyhappy:
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

sylva is right on the money!
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey thanks guys for all the advice. Now i have a long road ahead. Ima try orchard bank and mybe the Chevron Card to restablish my credit. WIsh me luck..

Thanks
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.