Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Things First

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Things First

I have found this website to be FULL of wonderful information.  However, I am very new at this and need some advice. 

Where exactly do you begin in trying to remove items from your credit report?  I have a bankruptcy from 2003 but have many accounts that were in that bankruptcy showing up on my CR.  Should those still be showing?

What exactly should my first step be to try and remove bad credit information?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Things First

I am new at this as well...and you will prob. have more experience with this than I, but the best and first thing I did to understand the whole picture is to read all the blogs on Credit 101, Etc....I find it helpfull in mapping out a plan of action.  Then place your plan here and get some suggestions to fine tune them...this is a great place!  Good Luck!
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Things First

First thing is to have ALL the accounts that were included in the BK showing that they were included in the BK.

For this I would do a written dispute (either faxed or mailed) with each CRA and include a copy of the discharge showing what was included (highlight the accounts you are disputing).

Get it accurate first rather than try to remove baddies that are accurate but you just want gone.  From ther eit is PFDs, GWs etc - depending on the situation (not enough info to be specific).

Then you start to re-build - the BK forum can help there. 
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.