Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Time FICO / " Company Name Unknown "

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Time FICO / " Company Name Unknown "

Hi Everyone, First time here, and actually this is the first time I've checked my FICO score. I am having a couple of issues really, and I hope I explain this properly. My Transunion and Equifax reports have different information on them. I am going to pick up my Experian report in a second and will post a follow up if necessary. My TU report is showing two collections from NCO, which I have never heard of and never received any communication from. My Equifax report is showing two collections but lists them as "Company name is unknown" The monetary values are different for both. I am willing to do whatever needs to be done for this to be removed, including settling, and I am not sure if a PFD or DV is my first step. Thanks for reading and for any help or advice you might have. Message Edited by triplethree on 07-05-2007 09:57 AM

Message Edited by triplethree on 07-05-2007 09:58 AM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Time FICO / " Company Name Unknown "

I would DV...even if you think the items are legitimate. A DV will force the CRA to do what it was supposed to do in the first place, which is properly list balances, the OC, and the account information.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is so absurd.

I spent 30 minutes speaking to the hospital, only to be nicely redirected to another CA. That CA directed me to an NCO number where the representative couldn't find my file or any record of me.

They told me to call the NCO corporate office where 1st) I got disconnected after 30 minutes of music, 2) Called right back and spoke with someone who put me back in the queue 3) Spoke to someone else who put me on hold again before hanging up on me! Going to try again =)

I'm sure this is a common occurrence, but I should do a DV?
Message 3 of 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

triplethree wrote:
This is so absurd.

I spent 30 minutes speaking to the hospital, only to be nicely redirected to another CA. That CA directed me to an NCO number where the representative couldn't find my file or any record of me.

They told me to call the NCO corporate office where 1st) I got disconnected after 30 minutes of music, 2) Called right back and spoke with someone who put me back in the queue 3) Spoke to someone else who put me on hold again before hanging up on me! Going to try again =)

I'm sure this is a common occurrence, but I should do a DV?

YES, DV! Try Noah's thread below. GL

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did I make a mistake but disputing? I have 3 CO and 2 CA. Not enought info. on my report to tell me about CA. I just opened a dispute on all. Should I have sent a DV instead? Should I send now (before I receive an answer on dispute) or just wait. I thought a dispute would be the first step.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.