cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Time posting Here - Have a question for you guys.

tag
TimeToRebuild88

First Time posting Here - Have a question for you guys.

Hey everyone,

Very very new here but so far i just spent 60 dollars to get all my 3 scores here.

Two questions: the first is how to i create a signature so that everytinme i make a post you will be able to see all the CC i have and all my credit scores as well.

Next question is a scary one. According to myfico.com i currently have a 653, 653, and a 635 for my scores. I applied to lowes 3 weeks ago and it got rejected and it printed my credit score pulled of 425!!! and before that also one reported a score of 596.

Very confused im hoping that is an error. For what its worth i have about 99% utilization (got a new job now will be paying off asap. and i have never missed a payment in my entire life.)

Thanks for the help

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: First Time posting Here - Have a question for you guys.

To add scores go to my settings, signature add what you want and then select save. If you are unable to do it you may have to wait until your post count goes a little higher. Your Lowes score was probably their internal enhanced score. Welcome to the forum.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 7
jamie123
Valued Contributor

@TimeToRebuild88 wrote:

Hey everyone,

Very very new here but so far i just spent 60 dollars to get all my 3 scores here.

Two questions: the first is how to i create a signature so that everytinme i make a post you will be able to see all the CC i have and all my credit scores as well.

Next question is a scary one. According to myfico.com i currently have a 653, 653, and a 635 for my scores. I applied to lowes 3 weeks ago and it got rejected and it printed my credit score pulled of 425!!! and before that also one reported a score of 596.

Very confused im hoping that is an error. For what its worth i have about 99% utilization (got a new job now will be paying off asap. and i have never missed a payment in my entire life.)

Thanks for the help

Welcome to the forums!

Well, if you really haven't made any late payments you are in good shape!

Get your utilization below 10% of your credit lines and your scores will skyrocket. You are getting dinged HARD for maxxing out your credit lines.

How many CC do you have?

Who are they with?

What are the balances and credit lines?

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 3 of 7
sportsguy83
Regular Contributor

Welcome!

For information on how to add CC to your signature go here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/THIS-IS-HOW-YOU-ADD-CREDIT-CARD-PICS-TO-YOUR-PROFILE/td...

You should be in great shape. Pay down your utilization (at least below 10%) and your scores will skyrocket.

Beginning Rebuilding - February 2022

Current Scores - June 2023

Goal Scores - January 2024

Message 4 of 7
MT936
Established Contributor

keep your utilization at 1-9% and let your accounts age and your score will be high in no time

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 5 of 7
TheConductor
Established Contributor

Welcome!

A few additional tips, just to help you use the forums more effectively:

- Try to keep each thread focused on a specific question instead of asking many questions in the same thread

- Make the subject line of the thread reflect what the specific question is

Those two things will help to ensure that your questions connect with someone who can answer them knowledgeably,  In this case, you succeded in doing that anyway.  No harm, no foul...just a good way to make sure this resource continues to provide you with the best information available.

Congrats on the new job! And you can probably look forward to a very nice jump in those credit scores once you pay down that super-high utilization. 

Once you do have all your CCs paid down, you can look into applying for a card that provides you with free FICO scores (e.g. Walmart, Barclay's, FNBO, PSECU, etc.) so you don't have to spend money every time you want a score.

Good luck!

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 6 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@TimeToRebuild88 wrote:

Different scoring models will produce different scores.  Creditors don't all use the scores generated by the scoring models for the scores that you can buy on myFICO. Refer to the denial to determine what score they were using.  As stated above, some creditors use their own internal scoring system.  If you're comparing scores you need to be aware of the scoring models, the CRA's used and the dates that the scores were generated.   All three can have an impact on scoring.

@TimeToRebuild88 wrote:

Very confused im hoping that is an error. For what its worth i have about 99% utilization 

Definitely do not apply if you have not optimized your utilization.  99% is maxed so a denial should be no surprise.  Utilization is the second biggest factor affecting your score (Amounts Owed below):

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/whatsinyourscore.aspx

30% is the recommended max for utilization.  Optimal is typically 10% or less.  Get that utilization down as quickly as possible.  Prolonged high utilization can lead to AA.  If creditors start balance chasing you you'll have an even more difficult time getting your utilization down.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.