Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First alerts today Exp +13 and EQ -2

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First alerts today Exp +13 and EQ -2

Just started monitoring my credit and growing it. 2 alerts today Experian went up 13 points to 669 because of credit utiliztion and EQ dropped 2 to 637because of an inquiry. Nothing from TU. Learning every day. 

While I have your attention can any one tell me how you add the CC icons to your signature. 

Thanks for listening. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First alerts today Exp +13 and EQ -2

Welcome to the forum!

here' s a post that explains how to add the cards to your siggy:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/THIS-IS-HOW-YOU-ADD-CREDIT-CARD-PICS-TO-YOUR-PROFILE/td...

Message 2 of 6
Berk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just started monitoring my credit and growing it. 2 alerts today Experian went up 13 points to 669 because of credit utiliztion and EQ dropped 2 to 637because of an inquiry. Nothing from TU. Learning every day. 

While I have your attention can any one tell me how you add the CC icons to your signature. 

Thanks for listening. 

Wait until one score goes up because you paid down your balance and another goes down because you paid down your balance - both scores referencing the same account!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually just had this happen and was frustrated to say the least Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

The monitoring solution is accurate for score tracking, it's less so (sometimes by a lot) for the reasons for the change.

The problem is the FICO algorithm is a complex beastie, and the monitoring solutions don't pick up every little change.  If you get an AAOA change for example, nothing.  When I got my tax liens or collection deleted, nothing.  There's other examples but these are non-trivial behind the scenes issues based on their implementation.  It's why I back MF with CK honestly as CK has a different method for catching changes (report to report comparisons) besides being a truly excellent service for free report access.

There are lots of things which can cause small differences in one's score and it's the route to insanity to try to really figure out all the ins and outs as sometimes bureaus move in different directions... the right response is just /shrug and go on with life.  Don't sweat the small ups and downs, focus on the long term trends.

Especially since you only get updates to the score for trigger changes rather than all, and as such unless you have a stable report your score changes for all sorts of reasons other than the one which is reported.

        
Message 5 of 6
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for listening. 

Congrats on the boost. yes in the smorgasborg section will teach you how. but it will not let you until after you have made a few more post on my fico. and your rank changes. after you can add to your signature. from settings to personal information.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.