cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First post request for medical billl ideas.

tag
nosxih
Regular Contributor

First post request for medical billl ideas.

I got a bill from Pediatrix for a recent procedure for my son and we wanted to make sure that it got paid before going into collections (this time) So my DW called and paid over the phone. Great. Bill paid.
But while on the phone DW inquired about another bill from the same company that WAS on my CR and in the end she paid it as well over the phone. RAZ! there goes the PFD I planned on sending! But it may be OK I thought to myself because they told her that they would contact the CA and have them remove it.

I called them the next day to follow up on their promise and what do you think they said? Yep. We cannot remove items from credit reports. Blah. Blah. Blah.

Finally they give me another 800 number to call for a customer support manager. Cutting to the chase, I find out that they do NOT own this debt but sold it to the CA. They said they did it out of courtesy. Huh???

So, my (small) understanding of HIPAA laws is that they cannot report information to a CA if the debt is satisfied at the OC? So, if this is true and I paid the OC then they cannot report this to the CA and the CA must remove. Is this correct? Any further insight on this anyone?

Message Edited by nosxih on 03-10-2008 09:20 PM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
nosxih
Regular Contributor

Re: First post request for medical billl ideas.

Can a OC collect on a debt if the debt has been sold? If so. can the OC report the debt as paid to the CA or does the CA have to delete it? I don't believe that the OC can report the status of a medical bill to a CA if it is paid correct?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.