Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First post to forums- Could use some help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First post to forums- Could use some help

Hello everyone.  Been reading through the forums for a while now, thought i'd finally post something.  I'm looking for the best way to use my credit cards.  I have 7 in total.  Citit Thank You Preferred, Chase Freedom, Amex True Earnings, BankAmericard, Capitol One secured, Capitol One Platinum, Lowes credit card.  I pretty much only use the Chase Freedom & Amex card.  I use them for all purchases/ payments, and make multiple payments throughout the month to pay in full.  I do use the Lowes card whenever I need to purchase something from Lowes.  Immediately pay it off.  I was wondering what peoples opinions are. Is it hurting my credit not rotating through the cards, or does it not really matter?  I appreciate any input on this.  Also thanks to everyone for the great posts!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First post to forums- Could use some help

The real danger of not using some of them is that the lender may close them for inactivity. It varies from lender to lender how long it takes and whether they'll warm you beforehand or not.

I've heard of people just putting one charge on their unused cards a year to keep them open.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.