cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First success!!! (And a question about what it will do to scores)

tag
atlastontheroad
Established Contributor

First success!!! (And a question about what it will do to scores)

Two weeks into this myFICO journey, I have my first success!!

After two weeks of calling the creditor and then the new bank that processes its cards, I finally used the email addy plus an exec's name and sent off a plea for help.

I paid what I thought was the full amount of an account back in early 2004.  Never heard from them again, didn't think about it.  Apparently the payment coincided with some other fees and interest so a small (less than $50) balance was hanging out there.

It was reporting as:

TU: profit and loss write off
EQSmiley Tongueaid charge off 2/04 and lates (30-60-90) in 2004 plus 30-60-90-120-150 in 2003)
EX: 120+ all 2006 120+ all 2007 and 120+ 1/2008

Twelve hours after emailing, I got a call from an exec office; all information is being taken off all three reporting agencies and they're mailing me a letter to confirm as much. 

How much should this impact scores?  A range guess would be fine.  There are two more that are about to be kicked-through-the-paid-and-gone goalposts this month. 

I'm hesitant to run another report for a few weeks, since I have so much in the hopper.

Guesses?

Ficotinis seem in order Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
Ficos 2/17/08: TU 551 EQ 534 EX 587
Ficos 2/12/09 TU 695 EQ 715 EX 715
Fico...4/15/10....drumroll.....EQ 743
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
danikasmom
Regular Contributor

Re: First success!!! (And a question about what it will do to scores)

IMO, it will make a huge difference since those baddies are big and they are pretty recent.  GOOD FOR YOU!!!!
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any of us would be a fool to guess the score change considering we don't know what they are and don't know what else is affecting them. But yea, it should be pretty major, especially since some of those are so recent.

Congrats! We'd all love to know what the jump is when it does happen!

I just wish my stinking scores would update already. I brought my CC UTIL form 96% to 7% 1.5 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for updated scores! So is my mortgage lender!

Can you say antsy in the pantsy?

PS Can you give us the Credit Card Company and the email address???

Message Edited by Shnapple on 03-03-2008 02:20 PM
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic & super congrats! You are working the system to work for YOU! Good job. And it's anybody's guess how much of a score rise you'll see. But one thing for sure, they WILL! Smiley Happy And good idea with holding off for 2 weeks on pulling your reports again.
Message 4 of 7
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

atlast, as Shnapple said, it's a hard call, not knowing what it is and what else you have on your report affecting your score. The only thing that I would say is that, ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL, your EX score might experience the biggest jump, b/c there is so much more derogatory being reported and it's more recent on EX.

Congratulations on the HUGE success.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
atlastontheroad
Established Contributor

I couldn't wait.  I planned on upping for Scorewatch anyhow.

EQ up 33 points, TU up 39 points and the CC who promised the delete yesterday made good on the promise: it's gone!  On EQ it was just a small bad debt.  On the other two it's listed differently.

Waiting until after 3/15 to buy the others.  I know I can wait!

atlast...tangible evidence that it's possible to climb out of that big hole and backfill it!

Message Edited by atlastontheroad on 03-04-2008 11:17 PM
Ficos 2/17/08: TU 551 EQ 534 EX 587
Ficos 2/12/09 TU 695 EQ 715 EX 715
Fico...4/15/10....drumroll.....EQ 743
Message 6 of 7
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Well congrats at last, Atlast. Good move.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.