Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Five accounts missing from my TU credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Five accounts missing from my TU credit report

You will probably say this is not possible, but this is what has been happening to me.  Four of my credit card accounts (including one that I have had for 16 yrs), representing over 30,000 total in credit (the oldest of these four accounts has 16 years of perfect history) plus an auto loan that I have been paying on for over 2 and 1/2 years have all been missing from my TU credit report for almost 2 years.   I have contacted the lenders and they all tell me that they are reporting my accounts to TU.  TU tells me over the phone that these accounts are in my TU credit record.  When TU mails a requested Credit report directly to me, the accounts are included (which I had previously thought meant that they had fixed the problem), but they still do NOT include any of these accounts in the TU credit reports sent to potential creditors.  This has been going on for close to 2 years.  I want the information for these accounts included when my TU credit report is sent to a potential creditor.   All of these accounts have perfect history, and TU is depriving me of that record plus the auto loan line of credit.  
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Five accounts missing from my TU credit report

An update -- TU has now apparently deleted still another credit card from my history (but this time their doing that  actually helped my credit score because the balance on that account was a high percent of the CL) so that makes six of my accounts that are missing.  All of the accounts (the ones that TU is excluding from my credit history when they provide a report to potential creditors) have had balances for many months and they all should be in my credit report.  TU is excluding 3 of my 4 oldest credit card accounts, and that is having a negative impact on my score.  I have written the creditors and TU.  The Credit Cards say they are reporting to all 3 credit bureaus and to contact the CB.  Contacting TU has so far been utterly useless.  When I call TU all they do is tell me that the accounts are in my records and then TU sends me a credit report with the accounts included -- but the next time a potential creditor pulls a credit report for me, all those accounts are missing.    TU mails me Credit reports showing all my accounts but they still exclude these accounts from what they report to creditors. 

Please, does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get TU to show these accounts when they provide a credit report to a potential creditor? I have explained, but they still haven't fixed the problem.  How can I explain it to them or what else could I do so that they will fix the problem?
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happened to my husband's capital one card been fighting for last six months to get back on trans union called both Trans Union and capital one. Cap one claims they submitted request numerous times to Trans Union to add this account plus got letters from them in mail however still not on reports. On my reports actually and I'm authorized user but not on husbands reports. And he the orginal account holder
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, katiesimons, for your comments.  At least I know that someone else has had to deal with TU doing the same type of thing -- and I don't feel quite so totally alone in this.  When AU accounts no longer count at all even having that Cap One account on your Credit Report will be meaningless to your score.  Hope you are able to get TU to put your Cap One back on his TU CR!  If you do get them to put it back on, please tell me what finally got them to fix it right!

Is there anyone at all out there who can tell us how to get TU to put our accounts back on our TU credit reports!  Need Help!
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been close to two more years now and TU is still doing the same thing.  I have sent TU a current Landsafe 3-Bureau Credit report detailing exactly what is missing from my TU report -- and that the other Credit Bureaus show those accounts.  They have acknowledged that (some of) the accounts are mine, but then TU said they would put them on a "separate" credit report (with my same TU number) that they have sent only to me.  They still won't report them to any creditors who pull my credit. 

The problem has not been resolved.  TU will not put these accounts on my regular Credit Report. Suggestions?

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You shouldn't have but 1 report, so I am not sure what they are talking about.

Are the accounts still open?

Message 6 of 11
krielly
Established Contributor

This sounds like something I have read about called "split files". Where the CRA inadvertantly splits your file into two separate files. One that you receive, and an incomplete one that creditors receive as an instant credit report.

Try googling "split credit files" and you will find a lot of information. Just a guess here........

Good luck

K

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 7 of 11
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

I have a few questions regarding the missing trade lines

1, When you applied for credit for these accounts you are used the same name each time ?  Let me clarify the question Let us say your John Quincy Adams. When you have applied for for these accounts and the others you used John Quincy Adams or John Q Adams.  If you use J. Quincy Adams or Quincy Adams or keep changing how you have applied for credit this can you a problem. 

2. Are these accounts being reported by any bureau on the Landsafe credit report?

3. Were these acocunts applied for at the same address where you are residing now?

4. The credit report the Trans Union sends you and the Landsafe credit report is ther any differences in your names or addresses reported by Trans Union? For example Trans Union Report shows a former address that Landsafe credit report does not show.

5. Are you a JR or SR ? Etc

Name and address variations can cause you to multiple files at the bureaus. Sometimes this causes a problem when credit is pulled. I am not being nosy I may be able to help. I have had some experience with these types of issues.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Were you doing any bumpage on TU?
Message 9 of 11
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Not sure I understand bumpage term. But the problem that is descrbed usually is caused by one the problems I have asked in my questions. From the description given it sounds like the person has two files at Trans Union. File A has the information and File B does not. File B is what the lenders are getting when they pull the persons credit. Understand the bureaus do not pull by social security number only they also use name address (current and previous) age and generation code if applicable. If I am correct that the person has two files Trans Union needs to combine them.
FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.