Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix credit companies..worth a try?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fix credit companies..worth a try?

I have a question...i am spending a TON of time working the numerous inaccuracies on my credit report. I make great money and have a full time job that I need to focus on and really don't have time for all this.

There are clear inaccuracies on my files. I have duplicate accounts, collections reporting unpaid that are paid, wrong dates, two companies reporting the same account at the same time and the list goes on and on. I am having little luck with the CRAs and it seems everything I do makes my score go down instead of up! uggghhh!

Would it be worth considering hiring one of these companies to help me. It is not that i couldn't do it myself, but it comes down to time and value of my time.

I am very interested to know of anyone who has experience working with these companies. Who would you recommend? Is it worth it, what were your results and how much does it cost?

Remember, i know i can do this all myself. however, I am just super busy and don't have time. I volunteer all over the community, have kids, work and travel all the time.

Appreciate any insight anyone with experience or experts can provide!

p.s. I am starting to feel bad w/all the questions i am asking. I really hope someday to be able to help folks here as much as many of you have helped me!

Happy Easter!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fix credit companies..worth a try?

someday22....it took time getting into the mess we are all in and it takes time to get out of it. I knew nothing when I started!!  You start slow & you will learn faster then you think!

Paying someone to do it for you will not be faster, it could take longer.

The time that you spend doing it will pay off and I would take your time. Ever debt that you clear makes the next one easier as you have learned how each should be done.

It is up to you who you pay and IF you want to pay. NO ONE can do that for you!

IMO  before starting you need to know what your legal rights are....both CRTP and SOL

If you are sending DV letters   do 1 at a time   but you can copy & past most letters

Get 3 pads of paper.......write each CRA  baddies on seperate pads    then match them  on a 4th pad. When you are done    match the OC with any CAs  by name or amounts owed that you can.

Do 1 at a time!!     start with the oldest debt first.

What takes time is the 30 day wait on most things!

Ask as many questions as you need. If you do not understand  ask again. There are many people in here that will go out of their way to help. You will not find that with a company that you need to pay. They are only interested in your money.We do not care how you got into trouble because we have been there and want to help!
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

HappyDays - thank you! you just made my day! I so appreciate your help.

I think you are right. I did not get into this mess overnight and unfortunately I am not going to get out overnight. I need to just keep on keepin' on!

I am very thankful for all the folks like you who are helping me. This is definitely one of those pay it forward type of situations in life.

Thanks!
Message 3 of 7
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

I think credit repair companies can assist people who dont have the time to manage everything on thier own.
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can talk for myself....Because I did it all with the help from this forum........I would not understand everything that got me in trouble to begin with & might make the same mistakes again!
Message 5 of 7
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

HappyDays wrote:
I can talk for myself....Because I did it all with the help from this forum........I would not understand everything that got me in trouble to begin with & might make the same mistakes again!

I agree!
Message 6 of 7
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

I agree 110% with Happy Days. I've learned so much here and the most important thing I keep reminding myself is it takes time, and persistence. I refuse to give up, but some times I give it a rest lol. Good luck!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.