Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Following up on GWs

tag
katsr
Established Member

Following up on GWs

Hi All-
I'm new to this board. I've been lurking for a couple of weeks, reading all the good advice that so many of you have posted. Thank you so much for your words of wisdom and for making me feel that I am not alone. It has given me hope and motivated me to start working on my credit reports!!!

I just sent out two GW letters, one to Providian to remove three 30-day lates on a fully paid up account that I closed a few years ago and to a local utility company to remove lates (a few 30s and 60s, and 1 90) from an account that I paid in full and closed.

My question is where to go from here. Do I follow up on these letters by calling etc or just wait to hear back?

Thanks again to everyone. These forums are fantastic.

Message Edited by katsr on 07-19-2007 07:06 AM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Following up on GWs

Wait 30 days and then send a follow-up letter.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

What Tuscani said.

Calling, IMHO, is a waste of time. The person you need to talk to about GW likely won't ever answer the phones.

Change up tactics with each GW attempt. Letter, Email, PFB, letters to CEOs, etc. And try to tweak the letter just slightly each time, but be absolutely certain your story is consistent throughout all your GW letters and communication. Presume one person is seeing EVERY letter and Email from you. Consistency sells.

BTW, Providian is now WAMU.
Message 3 of 4
katsr
Established Member

Thanks for the advice!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.