Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For Blocking CA calls - FYI - tried, true and tested

tag
LuvsRetro
Frequent Contributor

For Blocking CA calls - FYI - tried, true and tested

I think the people on this forum getting these unwanted CA's calling should look into the Interceptor ID by Person to Person.net.  What I like best is that after you block those unwanted calls, you never hear the phone ringing however, the caller only hears constant ringing.

I originally bought this because a year ago a former worker was harassing us. He would call at 3:00am and leave very nasty messages on the answering machine. Of course when you are awakened from a dead sleep - you automatically think OMG what's happened to one of the kids.

But then I found out the interceptor works great for blocking all kinds of numbers. We have a home based business and get many many sales calls, I automatically block the whole group of area codes because I know they are on a rotodialer and normally have several numbers to call from. You can even block "unavailable" calls or "no caller id" calls.

For those of you that are sick and tired of all the solicitors or collection agencies calling -- You can block them from ringing in through your phone and also block them from going to your answering machine. By pressing the "cassette tape" icon whenever you get a call coming in from whoever you don't want to talk to ---- you never hear the phone ringing, just a little faint click to let you know someone is trying to call that you have blocked. You can pick a whole group of area codes to block or just individual phone numbers or just anyone you don't want to get a call from - the only thing they hear is the phone ringing and ringing.

The interceptor has a large screen with date and time of all calls coming in whether they are blocked or not, just in case you need to take a picture for those breaking the cease and desist letter.

Now because DH has been sick, I used this to block the CA's. When I first bought mine it was $99.00 - best money I have ever spent. Now you can get these cheaper (I think they call them refurbished) for about $30 to $60. I saw them on ebay for a lot cheaper. 

There is a great forum like we have here for any questions. http://forums.interceptorid.com

10/01/2017 myFico EQ-778 TU-793 EX-781
11/01/2017 myFico EX-799, Barclays 11-4 Reported: EQ-796 TU-826 EX-799
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: For Blocking CA calls - FYI - tried, true and tested

Just what I've been searching for!
Thanks!
I get a lot of calls for CAs for someone who had my number before I got it, and mysterious, annoying robocalls that leave no message and totally ignore the Do Not Call list. I also work at home, as a freelance copy editor, and am tired of the constant interruptions that totally disrupt my concentration.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.