cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those who have been recently appproved for the AMEX Delta...

tag
inzaghi
Valued Member

Re: For those who have been recently appproved for the AMEX Delta...

I applied for a CLI for AMEX Blue
this is the response I got online

"Your request for a line of credit increase has been submitted.
You will receive a written response within 7-10 days."
Message 31 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

@inzaghi wrote:
I applied for a CLI for AMEX Blue
this is the response I got online

"Your request for a line of credit increase has been submitted.
You will receive a written response within 7-10 days."

I got that as well with my Amex. That's a polite way of saying...denied.
Message 32 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for AMEX Delta SkyMiles last week and was approved for $1,000. Feeling saucy, I followed that up by applying for a Blue and was Declined.

Just now, I was approved for the Hilton Honors card with a $2,000 limit. I will probably not activate the Delta card because it has an $85 AF after the first year and just keep the Hilton card with no AF.

FICO scores are:

EX 709
TU 699
EQ 632

David
Message 33 of 104
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

dhoff04 wrote:
I applied for AMEX Delta SkyMiles last week and was approved for $1,000. Feeling saucy, I followed that up by applying for a Blue and was Declined.

Just now, I was approved for the Hilton Honors card with a $2,000 limit. I will probably not activate the Delta card because it has an $85 AF after the first year and just keep the Hilton card with no AF.

FICO scores are:

EX 709
TU 699
EQ 632

David

I am surprised you were denied Blue with a 700+. Don't close the Delta just yet.. Amex might waive the AF if you threaten to close once the year is up.
Message 34 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

So i just got my Delta card and upon activation, i asked them for a CLI. I told them my income and asked if i can get $2500 CL instead of $1000. (Not that i am going to use that $2500 but just for utilization purposes)...She said, sure sir, let me see. And then she gets back to me saying "okay i have put in your request to our credit department and you will get a notice within 7-10 days with the decision."

Is that a polite way of saying, "No u ain't getting one?"

Message 35 of 104
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Irvin wrote:
So i just got my Delta card and upon activation, i asked them for a CLI. I told them my income and asked if i can get $2500 CL instead of $1000. (Not that i am going to use that $2500 but just for utilization purposes)...She said, sure sir, let me see. And then she gets back to me saying "okay i have put in your request to our credit department and you will get a notice within 7-10 days with the decision."

Is that a polite way of saying, "No u ain't getting one?"

Yep. Smiley Happy
Message 36 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I have a shot at getting an AMEX blue card with an EX score of 652 and no bankruptcy/CO's/Collections?
Message 37 of 104
inzaghi
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:
Do I have a shot at getting an AMEX blue card with an EX score of 652 and no bankruptcy/CO's/Collections?

You have a good chance of getting the card approved with that score. My EX score was 656 and I got approved(EQ-580,TU-612)..

Especially if you already have another AMEX card.
Message 38 of 104
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

rifleman wrote:

Even as a Amex cust I would not try Blue without 700+.
Message 39 of 104
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

@inzaghi wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You have a good chance of getting the card approved with that score. My EX score was 656 and I got approved(EQ-580,TU-612)..

Especially if you already have another AMEX card.

You got the Blue with a 656?
Message 40 of 104
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.