Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 735
Registered: ‎03-15-2007
0

Re: For those who have been recently appproved for the AMEX Delta...



Tuscani wrote:


Irvin wrote:
HAHA. Nah man. I am done applying for credit until 2008 when i plan on buying a car.
 

I am going on a strike against applying for new credit now.  That's it.



Cmon.. you know you want to. Smiley Happy
 
Don't worry, his card is coming in the mail. He will take you out to lunch for informing him about the offer. I think hes taking you to Elephant Bar.Smiley Wink
 
Cory



American Express Blue Cash Everyday; American Express Everyday; Barclay's AAdvantage Aviator World Elite MasterCard; Citi Thank You Premier World Elite MasterCard; Citi Double Cash; Navy Federal cashRewards Visa Signature Card.
Regular Contributor
Posts: 183
Registered: ‎04-17-2007
0

Re: For those who have been recently appproved for the AMEX Delta...

If you're given a very low initial cl, how much of a cli should you ask for?
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 6,182
Registered: ‎03-29-2007
0

Re: For those who have been recently appproved for the AMEX Delta...

[ Edited ]


KDM wrote:
If you're given a very low initial cl, how much of a cli should you ask for?



No need to ask over the phone.. Just use the CLI button on their website.. just don't fill out the form.


Message Edited by Tuscani on 06-08-2007 11:03 AM
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 328
Registered: ‎05-18-2007
0

Re: For those who have been recently appproved for the AMEX Delta...

I was having a major anxiety attack about applying for this in seeing that it was a Platinum Card.  This is probably the card I'd rather have as I use Hilton quite frequently.  So I'm happy to say they did approve me.  $2100 limit.  After being treated like a leper just three years ago it's hard to believe Amex thinks I am worthly of $6500 worth of credit.   Thanks Tuscani!  I appreciate all your help.
Regular Contributor
Posts: 183
Registered: ‎04-17-2007
0

Re: For those who have been recently appproved for the AMEX Delta...

My niece just got the Delta Amex card with a 1,000 cl (her first card!)  How much of a cli should she put when she clicks the CLI request and they want to know how much your requesting?  2,000?  3,000?  More?  Less?
Contributor
Posts: 86
Registered: ‎05-12-2007
0

Re: For those who have been recently appproved for the AMEX Delta...

No dice - "American Express risk acquisition score is too low".
 
So I will have to be content with my 10K Delta - still the biggest CC I have ever owned.
 
 
Also, does AMEX look favorably if you make nice sized payments? I have 8000 in BT - minimum payment is 2% or $160. I have budgeted $500/month to pay this off. Should this help? Do CC issuers in general like larger payments or will I be a "Deadbeat" in their eyes because I am responsible?
 
 
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 6,182
Registered: ‎03-29-2007
0

Re: For those who have been recently appproved for the AMEX Delta...



princessofpink wrote:
I was having a major anxiety attack about applying for this in seeing that it was a Platinum Card.  This is probably the card I'd rather have as I use Hilton quite frequently.  So I'm happy to say they did approve me.  $2100 limit.  After being treated like a leper just three years ago it's hard to believe Amex thinks I am worthly of $6500 worth of credit.   Thanks Tuscani!  I appreciate all your help.


YAY!!!!!!
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 6,182
Registered: ‎03-29-2007
0

Re: For those who have been recently appproved for the AMEX Delta...



KDM wrote:
My niece just got the Delta Amex card with a 1,000 cl (her first card!)  How much of a cli should she put when she clicks the CLI request and they want to know how much your requesting?  2,000?  3,000?  More?  Less?


You don't put anything in.. it will present you with a new CL automatically.
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 6,182
Registered: ‎03-29-2007
0

Re: For those who have been recently appproved for the AMEX Delta...



Phouchg wrote:
No dice - "American Express risk acquisition score is too low".
 
So I will have to be content with my 10K Delta - still the biggest CC I have ever owned.
 
 
Also, does AMEX look favorably if you make nice sized payments? I have 8000 in BT - minimum payment is 2% or $160. I have budgeted $500/month to pay this off. Should this help? Do CC issuers in general like larger payments or will I be a "Deadbeat" in their eyes because I am responsible?
 
 


All CCC like nice sized payments. Smiley Happy The trick with AMEX is to carry low balances. You do not want a FR.
Regular Contributor
Posts: 183
Registered: ‎04-17-2007
0

Re: For those who have been recently appproved for the AMEX Delta...

When I did the online cli request for my Blue, it asked me how much of a cl I was requesting.  Isn't it the same for the Delta?  I asked for a specific amount and was approved.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.