Valued Member
inzaghi

Re: For those who have been recently appproved for the AMEX Delta...

I applied for a CLI for AMEX Blue
this is the response I got online

"Your request for a line of credit increase has been submitted.
You will receive a written response within 7-10 days."
Contributor
devhip

inzaghi wrote:
I applied for a CLI for AMEX Blue
this is the response I got online

"Your request for a line of credit increase has been submitted.
You will receive a written response within 7-10 days."

I got that as well with my Amex. That's a polite way of saying...denied.
Established Member
dhoff04

I applied for AMEX Delta SkyMiles last week and was approved for $1,000. Feeling saucy, I followed that up by applying for a Blue and was Declined.

Just now, I was approved for the Hilton Honors card with a $2,000 limit. I will probably not activate the Delta card because it has an $85 AF after the first year and just keep the Hilton card with no AF.

FICO scores are:

EX 709
TU 699
EQ 632

David
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

dhoff04 wrote:
I applied for AMEX Delta SkyMiles last week and was approved for $1,000. Feeling saucy, I followed that up by applying for a Blue and was Declined.

Just now, I was approved for the Hilton Honors card with a $2,000 limit. I will probably not activate the Delta card because it has an $85 AF after the first year and just keep the Hilton card with no AF.

FICO scores are:

EX 709
TU 699
EQ 632

David

I am surprised you were denied Blue with a 700+. Don't close the Delta just yet.. Amex might waive the AF if you threaten to close once the year is up.
Established Contributor
Irvin

So i just got my Delta card and upon activation, i asked them for a CLI. I told them my income and asked if i can get $2500 CL instead of $1000. (Not that i am going to use that $2500 but just for utilization purposes)...She said, sure sir, let me see. And then she gets back to me saying "okay i have put in your request to our credit department and you will get a notice within 7-10 days with the decision."

Is that a polite way of saying, "No u ain't getting one?"

Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Irvin wrote:
So i just got my Delta card and upon activation, i asked them for a CLI. I told them my income and asked if i can get $2500 CL instead of $1000. (Not that i am going to use that $2500 but just for utilization purposes)...She said, sure sir, let me see. And then she gets back to me saying "okay i have put in your request to our credit department and you will get a notice within 7-10 days with the decision."

Is that a polite way of saying, "No u ain't getting one?"

Yep. :smileyhappy:
Established Contributor
rifleman

Do I have a shot at getting an AMEX blue card with an EX score of 652 and no bankruptcy/CO's/Collections?
Valued Member
inzaghi

rifleman wrote:
Do I have a shot at getting an AMEX blue card with an EX score of 652 and no bankruptcy/CO's/Collections?

You have a good chance of getting the card approved with that score. My EX score was 656 and I got approved(EQ-580,TU-612)..

Especially if you already have another AMEX card.
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

rifleman wrote:

Even as a Amex cust I would not try Blue without 700+.
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

inzaghi wrote:

rifleman wrote:

You have a good chance of getting the card approved with that score. My EX score was 656 and I got approved(EQ-580,TU-612)..

Especially if you already have another AMEX card.

You got the Blue with a 656?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}