Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

For those with 620ish+ EX scores

There are two awesome creditors right now if you are looking for all a couple of new TLs (other than Amex).

The first one is Christian Community Credit Union. They offer a nice CC, great refi rates, and are very lenient and BK friendly.. Be careful with them if your DTI is high though. NOTE: You do not have to be Christian to apply. :smileyhappy:

Next is the the BofA Hawaiian Plat Visa. I only mention this BofA card because of the generous CLs given out recently to those how fall under sub-prime. I can also attest that recon works well on this card if you are denied. Any if you are denied, you may luck out and be offered the 99/500 which is the best secured card out there, IMO. Personally, I would try the reconn before accepting the 99/500 (assuming it is offered). Can't say for sure how BK friendly this card is.

Like I said, both seem to pull EX exclusively. As always, YMMV.

Good luck!

Established Contributor
Cory

Re: For those with 620ish+ EX scores

Thank you Tuscani, keep them coming. Look for lenders/creditors who likes TransUnion and we got a deal.

Experian is off limits for me.

Cory
1. American Express Blue Cash Preferred~2. BankAmericard Cash Rewards World MasterCard~3. BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa Signature ~4. Discover It~5. Citi Forward Visa Signature~6. CCCU MasterCard.
Established Contributor
Cory

What state is CCCU in? I think with most CU you have to either be affiliated or at least in their surrounding area.
1. American Express Blue Cash Preferred~2. BankAmericard Cash Rewards World MasterCard~3. BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa Signature ~4. Discover It~5. Citi Forward Visa Signature~6. CCCU MasterCard.
Established Contributor
dog

i guess this is legit (copied from cccu site):

Membership

Christian Community Credit Union provides financial services
to individual members of the Christian community.

One way individuals can join Christian Community Credit Union
is by affirming the following personal Statement of Faith:

• God loves us and created us to know Him.
    He has a wonderful plan for our lives.
 • People are sinful and separated from God,
    so we cannot know Him or experience His love and plan.
 • Jesus Christ is God’s only provision for our sin.
    Through Him alone we can know God and experience His love and plan.
 • I have received Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord.

Credit Union membership is also open to relatives of
Christian Community Credit Union members:

• Spouse
 • Father, Mother/In-law
 • Brother, Sister/In-law
 • Son, Daughter/In-law
 • Grandparent/Grandchild
 • Aunt/Uncle
 • Niece/Nephew
 • Cousin

Contributor
Phouchg

Took over  5 minutes to process...and I am on a T-1 at work so I know I don't have a slow connection!

Thank you for applying for the Hawaiian Airlines® Visa® Platinum from Bank of America.

Although we can normally provide credit decisions right away, we'll need a little more time to verify some of the information you provided us.

They said they will email me.

This is fascinating as every time I have applied for any B of A CC, I was summarily denied instantly.

I used to have Checking/Savings with them for about 11 years, until they screwed up an ATM deposit I made, then I left.

But, I have to consider the above message a potentially good sign...I will return and report!

New Contributor
thatgrri3

I really REALLY REALLY!!!!  hate BofA.  They ripped me off, took every penny that I had in my bank account and nonchalantly acted as if I should feel guilty.  I'm sure that, in the long run, the bank account I had with them is going to go on my credit report because I absolutely REFUSE to pay for all of the overdraft fees they charged me.  My best friend's husband works there and he told me that if he had known that I had gotten a bank account with them, he would have told me to stay away!
Established Contributor
Cory

thatgrri3 wrote:
I really REALLY REALLY!!!!  hate BofA.  They ripped me off, took every penny that I had in my bank account and nonchalantly acted as if I should feel guilty.  I'm sure that, in the long run, the bank account I had with them is going to go on my credit report because I absolutely REFUSE to pay for all of the overdraft fees they charged me.  My best friend's husband works there and he told me that if he had known that I had gotten a bank account with them, he would have told me to stay away!

I would ask him since he work there if he could reverse some of those ridicules fees. Or he could delete all of them.

Cory
New Contributor
thatgrri3

[ Edited ]
I wouldn't put his job on the line for that, because they have a policy that they do not reverse overdraft fees (or so I was told!) Here's what actually happened.

I was going to be out of town when my rent was due, so I wrote my landlord a check on a Thursday and told him he could cash it the following Friday.  The check was postdated for Friday.  I woke up the next morning, checked my bank account online, and my landlord had already deposited the check!  Well, of course I panicked because I knew that I had a bunch of checks and withdrawals that were due to post at anytime.  At that point, I was not overdrawn yet.  So I went to my landlord, he apologized for the mistake and wrote me a check BACK to deposit in my bank account to cover the check that I wrote to him. 

I went to the bank and HAND DELIVERED the check and explained the situation.  They told me that, unfortunately, they would have to hold the check for five days before it would post to my account because I had had the bank account for less than six months (how convenient!)  But they told me to call the BofA customer service number once it posted to see if the overdraft fees could be reversed.  

Well, sure enough, all of those things posted (about ten different ones) and I got slammed with a $35 overdraft fee for each individual one.  So I called BofA when the check finally posted and got a rep that told me that most likely, he could get them reversed.  Then he put me on hold.  When he came back, I could hear him talking to someone else in the background (a supervisor I assume) and he informed me that unfortunately they would not be able to reverse the fees and that I had actually broken the law by writing a post dated check!

Good grief!  I did EVERYTHING I could to rectify the situation and provided them with a check before I was even overdrawn and they acted like I was some sort of criminal.  I ended up being overdrawn by about $400 by the time it was all said and done and do you think they even feel sorry for me even though they put my family in a financial bind?  Heck no! 

Needless to say, I don't bank with them anymore. 

Btw, just as a tip, I found out that BofA has a policy called "biggest check first" which means if several checks come in on one day, they will apply the biggest one first, which means if you DO end up being overdrawn, they will make the biggest bang for their buck and will get more overdraft fees!

Message Edited by thatgrri3 on 06-20-2007 07:33 AM

Message Edited by thatgrri3 on 06-20-2007 07:37 AM
Established Contributor
Cory

So you had other items in limbo too I'm assuming? Is your best friends husband the manager or supervisor? I don't see why his job would be on the line since you are a customer and that is his job to assist the customer.

But oh well, as long as you are okay with it, that is not my business.

Cory
New Contributor
thatgrri3

I don't think he is a manager.  I believe that he is a senior rep, but can't really remember.  This is all a couple of months old, so I don't know if it is too late to do anything else.  I thought about writing to the CEO about their unethical practices, but in a company that big, they would probably just laugh me away because it's not like me as an individual could hurt their business.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+