Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ford Letter- Feedback Wanted!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ford Letter- Feedback Wanted!

I disputed an account with Ford.  I know that Im not supposed to DV an OC but I did because my credit report was showing that it was sold to ca but the ca wasn't reporting on the report.  I also did it because I really feel that I don't owe the money.  It was for a leased vehicle.  I got a letter today in the mail from Ford with a copy of my lease agreement.  I wasn't disputing the fact that I leased a vehicle, I was disputing that I had a remaing balance on my vehicle.  I'm sending off another letter to Ford and would like any feedback.  Here it goes:

To Whom It May Concern:

I have received your letter and the copies of my previous lease agreement.  Perhaps my original letter was not clear.  I am not disputing that I leased this vehicle; however, I am disputing the fact that there was a remaining balance on this vehicle.  The copies of my original paperwork do not support your claim that I owe a remaining balance.  I am requesting this information be sent to me.  In your letter you state that I have “failed to provide sufficient information to investigate any dispute.”  You also go on to mention that under the Fair Credit Reporting Act; a person who seeks to dispute the accuracy of information reported must;

·         Identify the specific information that is being disputed.

·         Explain the basis for the dispute: and

·         Include all supporting documentation required to substantiate the basis of the dispute.”

I have been denied a job because of information that was provided in my credit files including the above referenced Ford account.  Because of this misfortune, I have consulted with an attorney and have been fully briefed on my rights.  In my previous letter I stated my reason and basis for my dispute but let me reiterate it to you again:  I don’t feel that I had a remaining balance on this account.  In reference to your statement that I need to include all supporting documentation, as a previously stated, I have familiar with the FCRA laws and am fully aware the burden of proof lies with your company.  I am requesting that this information be sent to me within the next ten business days; otherwise, it is your responsibility to delete this account from my credit files.  As mentioned earlier, I have been in contact with an attorney and I am fully prepared to move forward with this case should my request be denied or ignored.  I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for you time and cooperation in this very serious matter.  I look forward to your reply.

I CC the letter to the 3 credit agencies as well as my AG office.  Please let me know what you guys/gals think.  Thanks

Message Edited by nfg on 11-01-2007 07:14 PM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Ford Letter- Feedback Wanted!

Nice letter! check your PM's (top right of your screen)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.