cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreclosure /Bankruptcy: balance still showing on credit report??

tag
Delta_man

Foreclosure /Bankruptcy: balance still showing on credit report??

I filed Chapter 7 in Oct 2009 which included my home that was in foreclosure. My BK was discharged in Jan 2010. I just pulled my score from myfico and it shows a past due collection or amount due of over $30,000! The myfico score report says this is hurting my score. It says "creditor grantor reclaimed collateral to settle defaulted mortgage". Why is this on my report, as a negative, when it shows as included on my report as closed and included in BK?? Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Foreclosure /Bankruptcy: balance still showing on credit report??

Any account that was included in the BK will report as a negative and can continue to ding, however if the mortgage was included, the balance should be $0.

Message 2 of 4
Delta_man

Thanks llecs! Under status on my Experian report it says "Foreclosed. $30k past due as of Jan 2010". I now have all 3 reports, this only shows on Experian. I agree, it should show balance 0, included in BK, right? I would assume that is why the myfico score, which comes from Experian, is low? I have disputed it with Experian and I assume they're going to correct it?

Message 3 of 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

You are better off going directly to the lender and pointing out they are reporting incorrectly to Experian. It is a serious violation of the discharge injunction. Once you go directly to the lender and they have reported it correctly if Experian doesn't fix it, you can go to Experian. I think you will see better results by notifying the Bk'ed lender first.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.