Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud Alert I didn't request.....

tag
hailey22
Established Member

Fraud Alert I didn't request.....

I am in the process of disputing some things on my credit report. I received a letter in the mail today saying a fraud alert has been put on my report for all three bureaus. Also, when I went back to check on the status of the disputes, they were no longer being investigated. Is this the ca's way of getting out of investigating my dispute? I honestly do not know what's going on so if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated......
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Fraud Alert I didn't request.....

You have to send them a written request to remove it. You have to write one letter to each CRA.
Message 2 of 7
hailey22
Established Member

Does it have any impact on my reports? And why would they do it if I didn't ask for it?
Message 3 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Yes.. it can make getting new credit difficult. Have you disputed anything recently?
Message 4 of 7
hailey22
Established Member

Yes. That is where this came from. Nothing came of the items I was disputing.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't have to send the letters certified do you?  I think I want it off mine too.
Message 6 of 7
Migraine
New Contributor

same here,see the post i made..did the same thing happen to you?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=16034
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.