Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud Alert Question

tag
Bella1980
Established Contributor

Fraud Alert Question

I think that the credit bureaus may have put a fraud alert on my account because when I tried to access a transunion dispute database I had to call and answer a bunch of questions and when I applied for some new cards this weekend, I kept getting a lot of security questions and I even had to go into a store with my drivers license, SS card and paystubs. This may have happened because I have been disputing certain accts with the CR's, DVing all accts on my report and have applied for new credit, resulting in 8 new cards in the last month, but many more inquiries. (I hadn't really understood the implications of inquiries and won't be apping for at least a year again). Should I send a letter to all CR's asking them to take the fraud alert off if it exists or just let it be because I don't anticipate applying for anymore credit until next February or April when I have to apply for a BARloan to take the bar exam? Also, because I am in credit repair mode, I will be pulling my scores and reports monthly, will this prevent me from doing this?

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.