Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud Alert! Watch out for Howl SSL Cloud!!! Chase Slate card Hit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fraud Alert! Watch out for Howl SSL Cloud!!! Chase Slate card Hit

Should also add that not where the order was placed, but where it was processed through. Just as the glasses were processed in NY.
Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here.  I just checked my chase online and what are these charges pending?  Howl SSL Cloud $5.59 but it was still pending.  But not mine!  I called Chase immediately and fraud dept issuing a new card.  Along with the Howl SSL Cloud I had 3 charges pending from NF.  also not mine.  that was as total of 4 pendings all not mine.  just passing it on in case it helps someone.  

Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Same here.  I just checked my chase online and what are these charges pending?  Howl SSL Cloud $5.59 but it was still pending.  But not mine!  I called Chase immediately and fraud dept issuing a new card.  Along with the Howl SSL Cloud I had 3 charges pending from NF.  also not mine.  that was as total of 4 pendings all not mine.  just passing it on in case it helps someone.  

Wow. They were really busy using your account. Glad you caught it quickly. I hope this Howl SSL Cloud gets taken out quickly. Their thieving spree has been going on too long this month. When I googled Howl and read posts and comments, it seemed like to me a lot of people who were scammed had chase cards. I wonder why chase hasnt automatically flagged that source as fraudulent by now and automatically decline all their charges instead of having them continue to go through.

Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

correction it was not my chase slate card it was my chase sapphire card.

Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought the same....so many chase users posting about this scam.  

Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just received an email from the online glasses company. They didn't give me details other than it was flagged, cancelled and refunded. So outside of the couple dollars they got away with, they aren't getting the prescription glasses.
Message 16 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, looks like my cc credited me, which posted back. On top of that the glasses company refunded the money that was fraud, and it was also added back. In other words x2. 1, from fraud coverage, and the next from the glasses. I don't want to profit, but really not sure how to handle this, or wait to see if the cc adjusts thing. 1. know they're covered, so what was posted was covered by whatever insurance. On top of it, the fraud they were reimburse through, the company also credited my account. So if I call as I want to, what happens?
Message 17 of 27
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

Just got an email from Chase about a Fraud alert, $100 at Steam Games that happened today.. Why I was a sleep. They declined it, thankfully. Got to give 'em props for catching it..

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the forum. I got my new chase platinum the other day. Today I saw the alert of Howl SSl cloud of $4.28 followed by two other's of $24.38 them Envision flowers of $43.56 again two of them. Target.com was next with $238.95 $ three more $38.9 from Wal-Mart. All totaling 350 dollars. I called them.immediately n got on with Fraud section who suspended the card n put the transactions on what they called..fraud alert hoping that they will not post n they promised to reverse the amounts. I m appalled that this has been going on with capital one card holders especially and they need to nub these thieves ASAP. I now feel unsafe with any credit card . Be sure to limit your charges like say 23$ so that the system flags any suspicious activity immediately. I was them told that my reversed amount won't be available till 90 days pending the end of the investigation period. I will keep calling them everyday as a follow up n I will not activate the new card in till the issue clears.
Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one that is.
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.