Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud Help please!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fraud Help please!

ATMPEABAKER wrote:
Thank you CreditDream! I appreciate you sharing your story. It is just terrible that this happens. I am also just sick about thinking what these idiots have done with my kids SS#!!! Ugh!

Oh my, if you had your children's SS #'s in your wallet, you need to report that as well. Order their report's from all 3 bureau's. If they are under age and no credit, they should have NO file.

I think it is disgusting as well that people would stoop so low. And BTW, a change in SS#'s doesn't help, unless you are willing to move, drop ALL of your credit, change names.....etc so the CRA's cannot link you to prior number. I had mine changed, due to other reason's not related to ID theft and it's been a mess. I have merged files. It was no help to me. It only made me more suspect when applying for new credit.
Message 11 of 13
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

I've been the victim of the identity fraud, a fraud prevention company called me up in the summer of 2006 stating that all my key personal info had shown up on an Eastern Russia Hacker site -- I got Fraud Alerts on my CBRs, filed a police report and

What KILLED me was that there was income earned in my name, under my social security number, and it caused some IRS troubles that turned in a lien.

The disputing process from a fraud case can be successfully overcome by submitting the proper police reports and supporting documentation to all the OCs and get them to start to removal process with the CAs. This will have a ripple effect to the CRAs, if you have the proper police reports, sworn affidavits and denial of liability letters, you should be in good shape.

It might take 3 to 6 months though, but to get those derogs off with their 7 year sticking power is what you're after.
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

ATMPEBAKER, so sorry to hear of the problems. You've received some very sound and sincere advice. Good luck to you and do not hesitate to ask a bazillion questions to help you resolve this.

I'd like to add that I kindly suggest you subscribe to a credit monitoring service offered by the credit reporting agencies. They offer great benefits in letting you know when something is happening on your cr. Most offer identity theft protection, and children's id theft services too. At least mine does.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.