Valued Contributor
maiden_girl

Fraud alerts and credit reports

I recently placed a fraud alert on my credit report b/c I recently experienced some mail theft. I got a credit monitoring alert from Quizzle saying a security alert has been placed on my file. I tried to obtain my credit report from MyFICO to see if my credit looked different but I couldn't obtain it and it asked me to call in to verify my information. Is this normal during fraud alert procedures that you can't even pull your own credit report?

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 724 (EQ) 709 (EX) 711 (TU) 4/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One (5.0k) | Discover IT (5.0k) | Walmart Discover (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)
--------------------------Gardening until my credit recovers...NO MORE INQUIRES TIL 2015
Valued Contributor
Burned2manybridgesB4

Re: Fraud alerts and credit reports

Yep. Went through same on initial pull, after FA placed. All others, after id verify call, should be no problems.
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:
Yep. Went through same on initial pull, after FA placed. All others, after id verify call, should be no problems.

+1 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Cap1 EO link below
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Capital+One+CEO+email+address+#seen
Last 5 apps 6/6/13
Mega Contributor
RobertEG

Are you talking about a fraud alert or a freeze?

Very different animals.....

Valued Contributor
maiden_girl

Thank you. And yes a fraud alert.
The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 724 (EQ) 709 (EX) 711 (TU) 4/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One (5.0k) | Discover IT (5.0k) | Walmart Discover (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)
--------------------------Gardening until my credit recovers...NO MORE INQUIRES TIL 2015
Valued Contributor
Burned2manybridgesB4

maiden_girl wrote:
Thank you. And yes a fraud alert.

Ok. I'm on a computer, instead of my old phone.

After I had the FA placed, I tried doing a SW pull, and got the message to call in (cannot complete purchase...or something like that). I called up myfico, and had to do the twenty questions, in regards to what was on my CR, to verify identity. Once that was done, I could purchase/pull without any "blocks" from that point on.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+