Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud found through MyFICO alert

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fraud found through MyFICO alert

I was just alerted that there was a new account posted to by report. I have not opened any credit since early 2009. I most definitely did not open the account in question. I goggled the creditor that was listed and a message board came up that shows others that have had the issue. I have been working very hard to maintain good-great credit and this issue has dropped my score. How do I take care of this? I dont know where to begin. The contact below was what was listed as the creditor on the report. I googled the contact and nothing came up but people that made similar complaints of the same address but in different city and states. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

Contact: HOMEWORKS, INC., 4590 E Broad St, Columbus, OH, 432131301

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fraud found through MyFICO alert

When I plugged the address into google maps, i got this company:  http://www.alliancedata.com/

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check that... There are a few businesses at that address:  

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=4590%20E%20Broad%20St,%20Columbus,%20OH,%2043213&um=1&ie=UTF-8&s...

It probably has to do with:

World Financial Network National Bank.  I don't have contact info for them, and am not finding any on the intertubes.

Message 3 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Opt out with the CRAs so they will stop selling your information.

I would pull free reports from https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp and see what exactly is reporting.

If not yours I would dispute with the CRA(s) as fraud.

Without knowing exactly what is reporting it will be hard to determine what to do with them.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's WFNNB. They issue cc for companies such as Victoria's Secret. The financial section of Yahoo lists some of their contact info.

Message 5 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Also note OP that due to the new CC law, many or most of the CCCs out there will pull your credit if you ask for an increase in your CL...assuming this could be the case.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked and this account is a fraudulent account. It was opened without my knowledge. Based on some of the information the forum has graciously looked up for me I have contacted the cc company that was listed at that address. I left a message. I have filled a fraud claim with each of the bureaus. It is my understanding that I am to wait for them to send my rights in the mail. After that I then request a copy of the reports and then write a note requesting the fraudulent item be removed. I have also filled a police report that needs to be included as well. Does this process sound accurate?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.