Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud on my report/trying to apply for AMEX BCP

tag
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

Fraud on my report/trying to apply for AMEX BCP

Verizon has information on my credit report, that isn't mine. I called experian to have it kicked off but they sent a letter and i got it yesterday that is wasnt fraud. It was basically true. I had already contacted Verizon the day before (friday) and asked them about it. They said i was right and it wasnt my SSN, they then said to fax my SSN, Id, proof of residency since 9/14 to 5-16. I lived with fam those times so they said a signed letter notorized would suffice

Which is where i run into a problem with my aunt who doesnt want to go along with because i shouldn't have been there, technically, and she had a bankruptcy (a whole bunch of bs excuses because this couldnt possibly affect her😠😂😠)
How can i get around this issue with my aunt? And if not why the hell do they need to prove my identity and all to take something off my credit report when they know its the wrong **bleep** social?? They should just take the crap off. Im going to call them tomorrow and bug them about it

Its tanked my score with experian to 578 and my others are 719 & 729. Amex wont approve me with that, and that explains why its been a huge pain getting credit! 😡😡😡😡

Id like to get this off befor June for my fresh CR because myFico is a lot of $$$ and $96 bucks is enough. Thank goodness I got it though.😊😊😋

2 REPLIES 2
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Fraud on my report/trying to apply for AMEX BCP

If you can't work it out with Veritzon possibly file a polce reportt and send that to them?  just throwing out suggestions as clearly it isn't yours.  Will be interesting what others say about it and ring in on it.  

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Fraud on my report/trying to apply for AMEX BCP

Since the contention appears to be that the creditor reported information identifying you as the named consumer, but now questions that reporting based on lack of matching SSN, I would first file a dispute asserting inaccurate reporting, which places the burden on Verizon to conduct a reasonable investigation based on whatever you provide to them, and report their finding to the CRA within 30 days of your dispute.  Include whatever you feel reasonably supports your case.

If they concur that it reasonably is not you, then they should not verify the accuracy.  Put the ball in their court, not yours.

How the aunt factors into the reporting such that it might be considered fraud or identity theft is kinda unclear.

Is there any contention that someone used your identity such that the information is considered identity theft?

If so, you can file a police report, and use that assertion to get the info blocked from your credit report without any involvement of the creditor.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.