Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent COMCAST collection account See update

tag
Myhearts
Frequent Contributor

Fraudulent COMCAST collection account See update

Hey all,  Hearts here!!

Got an alert from Equifax stating that I have a new collection account for $150.00.  This is not true, I don't know the collection agency, never had any paperwork or phone calls from them..  Name is :  Credit Protection Association out of Dallas, TX.  Anyone have information on them?

Anyway called Comcast to ask what is going on and why I was never contacted by their inhouse collection department for what was owed?  Said they don't have me in collections, account is current, they did not report me to any credit bureau or collection agency.  Rep said that they have received a few calls today about this company and having a bogus collection.  My concern is, how did they get my SSN# and how can they just put an account on my credit?

Pissed!!!  Any advise?

I did dispute with Equifax, doesn't show on TU/Experian, yet.  Finally got my scores to TU634/ EXP 668 and Equifax/643 only to be knocked down 35 points for this bogus account.

I was in the lower 400's in April of 2007 and have worked very hard to get my scores up this high...  UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Eve

Message Edited by Myhearts on 02-13-2008 02:46 PM
I can and will be a part of the 700 club this year, because I can do all things through Christ.
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fraudulent COMCAST collection account

Myhearts is pissed!!!! Watch out!!!!

Send DV CMRRR and dispute the minute they recieve it.
Message 2 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

BTW- We miss you.  I hope all is well (except for this CA)
Just don't let it affect your health-
Stay calm- let it work though

Message 3 of 35
Myhearts
Frequent Contributor

Hey Tim,

Thanks....   Can I DV to a PO Box?

Eve
I can and will be a part of the 700 club this year, because I can do all things through Christ.
Message 4 of 35
Myhearts
Frequent Contributor

I miss you all tooo..   No one knows its me because of my name change to Presley06.  Anyway to change my name back?

I am much better... I am pissed, but not that pissed..  I am much calmer than before but that was because of stress and worry.  

How are you? 

Eve
Message 5 of 35
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

...and then sue the SOB's! Smiley Mad A lot of CA's these days are little more than protection rackets.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

A PO BOX!!!!!

I would try to get a physical address- if you can.

Is a PO bx listed on your credit report?

presley06 wrote:
Hey Tim,

Thanks....   Can I DV to a PO Box?

Eve

Message 7 of 35
Myhearts
Frequent Contributor

Yes and no other information like a phone number or anything and a bogus account number that Comcast doesn't even recognize.

Eve
Message 8 of 35
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@presley06 wrote:
I miss you all tooo.. No one knows its me because of my name change to Presley06. Anyway to change my name back?

PM Barry (myFICO_Barry) --it's doable, but only by someone like him.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Send a PM to Barry or Raine

If you can't find them - I can forward a request for you-
Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.