Valued Member
docfr8

Fraudulent Chase Charge-Off CC Account

More than a year ago, I disputed a Chase credit card reporting on my credit reports as a charge-off.  I received a letter from Chase Fraud Operations where I had to complete an Affirmation of Fact - Fraudulent credit application, sign and return. Shortly afterwards the account was removed from my credit reports.
Today, I received a credit alert from Equifax and now the account is reporting again as past due/charge-off.
I have written a dispute letter to Equifax where I have included the Affirmation of Fact form that I submitted to Chase and requested they delete the account immediately.

Is there anything else I should do ?
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: Fraudulent Chase Charge-Off CC Account

Sue them if they don't remove it! :smileyhappy:
Valued Member
docfr8

Thanks.

So you say that Equifax should remove the account from my file based on the information I have provided?
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Yes!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}