Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent Entry on Credit Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fraudulent Entry on Credit Report

i just checked my report for the first time in 4 months. i noticed a new charge from PALISADES COLLECTION LLC. i found that they deal with AT&T bills. i have never had a at&t bill, never been a customer of them. and this bill is for a substantial amount of money. i have sent out a debt validation letter on jan 22 with return receipt request, have not gotten the green card back from them stating they have received the letter. then i checked my experian CR and saw that the entry from PALISADES COLLECTION LLC. is now gone, checked other CRA's and the entry is still on there. any help would be great thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Dawn
Established Contributor

Re: Fraudulent Entry on Credit Report

AT&T was previously SBC ... or is it that SBC was gobbled up by AT&T?  Did you have an account with SBC?

Message Edited by denbar2003 on 02-04-2008 03:34 PM
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It can update with the different CRAs at different times - start spazzing if you haven't received validation by day 35 (they can send on day 30 and still be within code) - looks like you wil get a letter say we are attempting to get the paperwork and will cease collection activity until we can validate.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have never had a SBC or ATT account in my life only verizon wireless
Message 4 of 6
future
Frequent Contributor

Lady_Scarlet wrote:
It can update with the different CRAs at different times - start spazzing if you haven't received validation by day 35 (they can send on day 30 and still be within code) - looks like you wil get a letter say we are attempting to get the paperwork and will cease collection activity until we can validate.

tell me lady scarlet, i sent a dv out last month got results from my cra dispute a couple of days ago. they delete from ex but not from tu is that possible. by the way i never received validation back from the ca.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Future - send this to the CA (making appropriate changes):

Company
Address 1
Address 2
City, State Zip

Date

RE: Account XXXXX-XXXX-XXXXX

Dear Sir/Madam:

I'm sure you know, under FDCPA Section 809 (b), you are not allowed to pursue collection activity until the debt is validated. You should be made aware that in TWYLA BOATLEY, Plaintiff, vs. DIEM CORPORATION, No. CIV 03-0762 UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF ARIZONA, 2004, the courts ruled that reporting a collection account indeed is considered collection activity.

As of ( DATE that THEY received your letter) You have refused to validate this debt.Therfore you are in violation of FDCPA.

While I prefer not to litigate, I will use the courts as needed to enforce my rights under the FDCPA.

I look forward to an uneventful resolution of this matter, as this debt was PAID in FULL (year)

I request that all contact with me be in writing, and only when you can provide adequate validation of this alleged debt. To refresh your memory on what constitutes legal validation, I am giving a list of the required documentation:

• Complete payment history, the requirement of which has been established via Spears v Brennan 745 N.E.2d 862; 2001 Ind. App. LEXIS 509 and
  • Agreement that bears the signature of the alleged debtor wherein he agreed to pay the original creditor.
  • Letter of sale or assignment from the original creditor to your company. (Agreement with your client that grants you the authority to collect on this alleged debt.) Coppola v. Arrow Financial Services, 302CV577, 2002 WL 32173704(D.Conn., Oct. 29, 2002) - Information relating to the purchase of a bad debt is not proprietary or burdensome. Debtor must phrase their request clearly to obtain: The source of a debt and the amount a bad debt buyer paid for plaintiff's debt, how amount sought was calculated, where in issue a list of reports to credit bureaus, and documents conferring authority on defendant to collect debt.
  • Intimate knowledge of the creation of the debt by you, the collection agency.

As you are already in violation, I expect all reference to this account be deleted from my credit report, as this entry and any update of such entry will be considered another violation.

Thank You,

TYPE YOUR NAME.....DO NOT SIGN

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.