Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free E-loans check of credit score.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Free E-loans check of credit score.

Will checking my credit score on E-loans register as a hard pull on my credit report? I'm monitoring my credit to get a car loan soon and don't want any extra dings.  They're offering a free check of your credit score.
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Free E-loans check of credit score.

No.. and remember their scores are FAKO (not your true scores). Check out:

Message 2 of 21
fused
Moderator Emeritus

No, there is no hard inq.  I have pulled from them a half dozen times.  No hards!
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response.  The information you provided definitely help to educate me.  I have been bitten by the fico bug and have improved my score by 40 points in the last three months.  Myfico now reports my score as 673.  I'm shooting for 700 as my next goal. 
Message 4 of 21
fused
Moderator Emeritus

curious1 wrote:
Thanks for your response.  The information you provided definitely help to educate me.  I have been bitten by the fico bug and have improved my score by 40 points in the last three months.  Myfico now reports my score as 673.  I'm shooting for 700 as my next goal. 

EXCELLENT!  Good Job!
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for great link.  The information you provided definitely help to educate me.  I have been bitten by the fico bug and have improved my score by 40 points in the last three months.  Myfico now reports my score as 673 for EQ.  I'm shooting for 700 as my next goal.  My goal is to buy a new car before the summer is over.  Would it make much difference if I applied now or wait until my score reaches at least 700? 
Message 6 of 21
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

You are sitting pretty good with that score. You will probably get the best rate at 720+, however.
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks,   I'll continue to hold out as long as I can and continue to work on improving my score to get the best rate possible.  Where were these resources when I was making all of my credit mistakes? Knowledge is power. Thanks again!
Message 8 of 21
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

curious1 wrote:
Thanks,   I'll continue to hold out as long as I can and continue to work on improving my score to get the best rate possible.  Where were these resources when I was making all of my credit mistakes? Knowledge is power. Thanks again!

HA! Live and learn. Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 21
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Interesting.  The FAKOs were between my two highest FICOs.  In fact, the FICs are 735 and 782, and the FAKO was 771
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.