Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Equifax Report

tag
mmt
Established Member

Free Equifax Report

Hi everyone,

I am currently finishing up my last year of college and just got my first credit card, the Citi Forward. The information I got in the mail today says I am entitled to a free Equifax report. I have never looked at my credit report before and the Equifax site sends me to the Annual Credit Report site. Is this where I should obtain my free report? I see that I am entitled to a free report every 12 months even without having a credit card denial or not getting the best credit terms. Will this count as my one report per 12 months or will this first report not count since I am getting it after applying for a credit card? I may be over-thinking this but I want to make sure I am not messing up where I get my report from and using up a free report I might want in the future. 

Thanks for the help! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Free Equifax Report

If you were denied or if adverse action was taken based on your credit then you can get your Equifax report from this site:

https://aa.econsumer.equifax.com/aad/landing.ehtml

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
mmt
Established Member

Thanks! That is what I was looking for. 

Message 3 of 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Also this report won't count as your annual free credit report.   You can still pull it later from the main Equifax site.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.