cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Experian FICO from Discover (Everyone, not just cardholders.)

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Free Experian FICO from Discover (Everyone, not just cardholders.)

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@avggoal700 wrote:

My reports are also locked, got error message :

Sorry, something went wrong on our end.

Looks like we're having some trouble. Please try again in a while.

oh well would have been nice to have free EX fico.  

I just got the same error.  None of my reports are locked.  

Maybe they're suffering from the MyFico Effect.

Doubt it's us.. it was also posted on Slickdeals Forum.. now that effect is quite large. lol Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 74
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@avggoal700 wrote:

Ok I started over from the beginning, and it worked.  Maybe people need to just try again?

This is awesome. I just wish it was Equifax.  I have TU and EX free from several CCs, and I'm not going to open one more CU account just to get EQ.

Tried.

Failed again.

I think it's the frozen report.

Welp.

Message 22 of 74
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:
Seems like having the credit reports frozen prevents you from creating an account. I had the same issue.

While it's odd for Discover, it's not unheard of. Credit Sesame couldn't pull my reports through a freeze. Credit Karma worked fine.

I could potentially unfreeze my reports to create the account but I don't know if it's going to need me to keep unfreezing every time I want a score.

Ah, well!

+1

I mentioned above that I couldn't sign up for Credit Karma with frozen files, but it might have been Credit Sesame... honestly that was nearly three years ago so I could very well have the two confused. 

Either way, I had issues with one of them due to the freeze... LOL.  Smiley Happy

I'm actually pretty happy with Creditkarma.

I have issues getting credit reports from EQ as well as putting / lifting freezes with them online. It's always snail mail. 

However, when CK brought in EQ score, it was able to do it for me without any hassle. I couldn't get one through Mint, where I have to put in my details to register. 

So far, CK has come through for me, block or no block, new or old file, TU or EQ. Now whether to trust their score or not is a complete different picture altogether Smiley Tongue

Message 23 of 74
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Kenny wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@avggoal700 wrote:

Maybe they're suffering from the MyFico Effect.

Doubt it's us.. it was also posted on Slickdeals Forum.. now that effect is quite large. lol Smiley Happy

They talked about it on the morning news (Denver) today so it is not just restricted to online forums

Message 24 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a great find! Matches myFico exactly.

Message 25 of 74
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

As soon as I put a temporary thaw on my Experian reports, it allowed me "verify identity."  With Experian froze, I received the same error message as those mentioned previously.

Message 26 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just signed up! Thanks so much!

Message 27 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

We've never frozen any reports.  I got it to work for me on the second try.  On the 4th try for my husband, I got to the security questions, then got the error after.  I got an error for the first try for my son, then I gave up.   I think their servers are getting too much traffic.  I would keep trying, but you have to reenter all the information every time.  

When I did get the security questions, they were really hard ones.  I had to pull up my copy of my credit report to check some of the things that were pretty random details I wouldn't know off the top of my head.  One for my husband asked for the term of his auto loan.  Well, he has two with two different terms.  Which do you want?

Message 28 of 74
avggoal700
Frequent Contributor

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

As soon as I put a temporary thaw on my Experian reports, it allowed me "verify identity."  With Experian froze, I received the same error message as those mentioned previously.

+1.

Now I knew EX was my best report but I thought EQ/TU were identical, I'll have figure out why those 2 scores are 29 points apart.  Any way, now I have all 3 fico for free.  Getting closer to avg 700 goal.  

EX 706. TU 705 EQ 682. Avg 698
Message 29 of 74
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@avggoal700 wrote:

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

+1.

Now I knew EX was my best report but I thought EQ/TU were identical, I'll have figure out why those 2 scores are 29 points apart.  Any way, now I have all 3 fico for free.  Getting closer to avg 700 goal.  

I spoke too soon.  As soon as I answered the security questions, it went straight back to the error message Smiley Sad

Message 30 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.