Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Score & Report for Wells Fargo Customers

tag
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Free Score & Report for Wells Fargo Customers

I read this article today that says Wells Fargo customers can receive a free credit report and score this month.

If you are interested here's the link:  http://www.dailyfinance.com/2012/10/02/wells-fargo-offers-free-credit-scores-to-every-con/

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Free Score & Report for Wells Fargo Customers

I heard about that actually on a radio ad of all things as I was driving into work yesterday, but what was utterly missing both from the advertisement and that online publication, was any mention of the word FICO with the obligatory trademark.

Also it's apparently not ongoing.  I know a few folks have WF as their primary bank both on this forum and also personally, have to see what they actually get provided.

        
Message 2 of 13
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Yes, I'm sorry I forgot to add that the offer is only goog thru November 15th.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 3 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I just tried to sign up. The "store" mentioned in the article wasn't obvious but I searched "score" and it came right up. They contracted with Experian.com to provide a free EX report with a free score. The score is a VantageScore. Funny...major typo in their Q&A: 

You will receive a credit score based on the VantageScore® model using a range of 300 – 850 (custom VantageScore) provided by Experian®. The higher the credit score, the better your credit rating.

They also state within wellsfargo.com/creditscore that WF does not use the VantageScore.

Edited to fix the URL.

Message 4 of 13
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@llecs wrote:

I just tried to sign up. The "store" mentioned in the article wasn't obvious but I searched "score" and it came right up. They contracted with Experian.com to provide a free EX report with a free score. The score is a VantageScore. Funny...major typo in their Q&A: 

You will receive a credit score based on the VantageScore® model using a range of 300 – 850 (custom VantageScore) provided by Experian®. The higher the credit score, the better your credit rating.

They also state within wellsfargo.com/creditscore that WF does not use the VantageScore.

Edited to fix the URL.

So did you have to go to a branch to get the access code, or can you get one online? 

Message 5 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I didn't go that far in the process. I filled out the info online via EX through WF's free report link but there's one field that's required for the free report and that field is for the access code. I doubt if I'd ever request that code. I don't know if the code is good for the entire promo or if it's per use. I suspect the latter. I can see my EX anytime via a CMS and isn't worth the trip to the bank.

Message 6 of 13
YahComb
Established Contributor

I find it kind of funny that they're using the vantagescore, but customizing it to make it fit into the "basic" fico range of 300-850. Kinda like they're saying "since it's not a fico we can't market it as such, but it's the same scoring range so it's just as legit!"

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@YahComb wrote:

I find it kind of funny that they're using the vantagescore, but customizing it to make it fit into the "basic" fico range of 300-850. Kinda like they're saying "since it's not a fico we can't market it as such, but it's the same scoring range so it's just as legit!"

Message 8 of 13
ty4x4gl
Established Member

es Re: Free Score & Report for Wells Fargo Customers

Does anybody have a working link for this? I went to WF and picked up a code but when I go to wellsfargo.com/creditscore it's a broken link. If anyone has luck with this can you let me know, or upload a working link for me. 

Thanks so much!

Message 9 of 13
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Re: es Re: Free Score & Report for Wells Fargo Customers

This thread is two years old. That offer has expired.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.