Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freecreditreport.com- Power Score from Experian

tag
rew
Established Member

Freecreditreport.com- Power Score from Experian

I ordered my free report from freecreditreport.com last night and got a power score from experian of 769.  This score is considered excellent and supossedly is used by businesses to evaluate my credit worthiness.  Is this scorelegitimate or a FAKO?  I was happy to see the score but realized it may not be all that great.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Freecreditreport.com- Power Score from Experian

It is a FAKO.

Consumers can not obtain a EX FICO directly from anywhere. Your lenders still can, but you can not.

Message 2 of 4
rew
Established Member

why are they allowed to use these FAKO scores if they aren't legit.  So is there anything I can take from the score?  I will get rid of the EX cra monitoring if that is the case.  I already have scorewatch to monitor EQ.  Any suggestions on the best monitoring systems out there?
Message 3 of 4
Romeoo47
Regular Contributor

There is nothing you can take from the score itself since very few if any lenders use the score provided by Freecreditreport.com.  What you can take from the site is they monitor your Experian file.  Score watch from equifax only monitors your equifax file.  I have freecreditreport, truecredit (transunion), and equifax to monitor all three reports.  I'm almost certain there is a site that allows you to monitor all 3.  But don't pay attention to the score provided by freecreditreport or truecredit.  The important thing is they keep you abeast on what is going on with your credit file. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.